United Nations Children’s Fund UNICEF is inviting applications for the Job Vacancy of ‘Procurement Officer’ to work at its office located in Kathmandu, Nepal for the welfare of Nepalese children. All Interested candidates check your eligibility below and Apply.
Job Post: Procurement Officer
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Organization: United Nations Children’s Fund
Last date to Apply: 8th September 2020
1 October 2020
Also Read: Check out Job Openings at British Embassy
Under the supervision of the Supply and Logistics Specialist, P3, The Procurement Officer is responsible for managing the supply chains of the Nepal Country Office, and/or medium-sized emergency response operation. The supply chain operations include planning, procurement, contracting, customs clearance, in-country transport and distribution, as well as monitoring of supplies, services and construction works. The incumbent collaborates closely with programs in defining supply interventions to meet programmatic needs and achieve results for children, and provides technical and advisory support to programme staff and government, national systems and partners on supply chain management.
Also Read: Check Out Various Other Job Openings at United Nations
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supply chain service delivery and emergency response
- Collaboration with programme and implementing partners
- Technical and advisory support to government/national systems
- Innovation, products and markets
- Supervision of others work and performance
The Competencies required for this post are (Level 2):
- Builds and maintains partnerships (Level 2)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (Level 2)
- Drive to achieve results for impact (Level 2)
- Innovates and embraces change (Level 2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (Level 2)
- Thinks and acts strategically (Level 2)
- Works collaboratively with others (Level 2)
- Nurtures, leads and manages people (Level 1)
Also Read: Administrative Assistant Job Vacancy at World Bank, Kathmandu Nepal
- Advanced university Degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Contract/Commercial Law, International Development, Health or related social science field, or relevant first-level university degree (Bachelor’s) in conjunction with a valid relevant professional certification is required.*A first level university degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant technical field (as identified above), with two additional years of relevant work experience in supply, logistics, procurement, contracting, administration and/or other directly-related technical fields, may be taken in lieu of a Masters degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in supply, logistics, and procurement, is required.In depth knowledge of contracting for services is required including experience with medium to large scale construction contracts.Must have experience of providing technical advice for complex contracting requirements.
Experience of training in contracting and other supply related topics is an advantage.
Understanding of development and humanitarian work. Emergency experience is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.