The British Embassy is looking for interested candidates for the post of Business Support Manager. Job Vacancy is available at U.K Embassy in Istanbul, Turkey.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
This role is part of a regional network managed from the Department for International Trade (DIT) at the British Consulate General in Istanbul, Turkey. We are recruiting for a Business Support Manager, to form part of the regional support unit which reports to HM Trade Commissioner for Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECAN) focussing primarily on Governance, the people plan and regional communications.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) has overall responsibility for promoting UK trade across the world and attracting foreign investment to the UK. We are a specialised government body with responsibility for negotiating international trade policy, supporting business, as well as delivering an outward-looking trade diplomacy strategy.
This position is specifically designed to provide office management and business support to the Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner Deputy (HMTCD) and the Eastern Europe and Central Asia Network hub team in Istanbul, to support the delivery of the Regional Trade Plan. Some travel may be required with this role.
Main responsibilities will include:
25% Office management, supporting the People Plan, Learning and Development
- Diary oversight for the HMTCD (HM Trade Commissioner Deputy) and Chief Operating Officer;
- Booking flights and hotel accommodation to support the Regional Trade Plan;
- Developing and updating the EECAN People Plan with support of the Chief Operating Officer/HR Business Partner and overseeing delivery of activity;
- Managing the Learning and Development committee meetings to award staff bids and managing L&D budgets;
- Staff inductions, on boarding administration, visits and other activities e.g. ensuring smooth running of the bonus scheme.
Also Read: Finance Assistant Job Vacancy at British Embassy
50% Internal communications & events logistics
- Drafting internal communication products e.g. an EECAN newsletter to communicate and promote the DIT L&D offer to staff, internal webinars programme, EECAN forward look of activities, regional performance appraisal and objective setting programme;
- Providing ad hoc business support for posts within the EECAN region that do not have DIT resource. For example, helping to organise a visiting trade mission, an inward mission to the UK or a VIP/senior visit. This work will be undertaken from Turkey although there is some scope for travel if the employee would like to;
- Internal communications and learning and development events such as EECAN wide staff conference or training events in the region/UK.
25% finance support for EECAN
- Supporting the finance officer and deputising on their behalf as necessary;
- Assisting with financial administration, including purchases, procurement and accurate budget monitoring.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written);
- Enjoy administration and keeping a team in order;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good written communication skills;
- Good day-to-day knowledge of excel;
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload;
- Ability to manage time effectively, work quickly and prioritise;
- High attention to detail;
- Good IT skills and familiarity with MS Office applications.
- Written communications experience;
- Organisation of events experience;
- Financial management and budgeting skills;
- Experience of project management;
- Previous experience of working in an organisation/administrative support role.
Click Here To Like Our Facebook Page for Regular Job Updates
Click Here To Apply Now for the Post of Business Development Manager