British High Commission in India is looking for Political, Press & Project Adviser for its Deputy High Commission located in Chandigarh, India to provide reporting on political developments across the region and their implications for the states of Haryana, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and UT Chandigarh; take the lead on engaging with the media, securing coverage for the BDHC, including maintaining an online presence; identify, propose and run projects in support of UK objectives; and including through the above, support the wider work of the BDHC.
Qualifications: Graduate/Post Graduate. Candidates without the required educational qualifications but with exceptional practical experience will be considered.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- An in-depth understanding of politics and a strong network in the region are essential.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Tried and tested project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, team working and people management skills.
- Ability to influence, lobby and articulate key messages and to work in a team will be essential.
- Experience of dealing with senior level decision makers of Indian national and state governments. You will need to show a solid track record of dealing with senior level decision makers.
- Experience of managing project budgets effectively.
- Previous experience of working in politics and/or with the press.
- Experience of leading a team and delivering through others.
- Presentational and public speaking skills.
- Working on strategic communications in a professional environment.
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Complete the Motivation and Competency Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
Accepting online applications by 27th April 2020 midnight.