The United Nations Children’s Fund UNICEF is inviting applications from eligible and interested candidates to work as ‘Development Officer’ for its office located in Jakarta, Indonesia. Interested check the details the below and apply now
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Organization: UNICEF, United Nations
Last date to Apply: 3rd September 2020
Under the supervision of the Communication for Development (C4D) Specialist and the overall guidance of the C4D Manager in the Communication Cluster, the UNV Communication for Development Officer will:
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of behaviour and social change strategies in support of the COVID-19 risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) response ;
- Support the sub-national coordination for the COVID-19 RCCE response, including weekly calls with UNICEF’s field offices to address issues and challenges at field level;
- Support the design and roll out of capacity-building activities for UNICEF field offices and ensure field offices have access to all RCCE guidance and materials;
- Support cross-sectoral coordination with cluster representatives on RCCE and sub-national response, including the coordination of weekly calls with Chiefs of field offices and different programme clusters (education, child protection, WASH, nutrition, health, social policy) to ensure integration of RCCE work with programmes;
- Support the COVID-19 National Task Force on community participation, particularly on the engagement with youth leaders and networks;
- Support UNICEF’s communication cluster in the collection and generation of up to date data and key performance indicators for reporting and situation reports.
- Support day-to-day C4D COVID-19 activities, including meetings, webinars, trainings, and interviews.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communications, behavior change communication, journalism, public relations, political/social science, public administration/policy, antrophology, development, public health, child development, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience with BA or 3 years with MA at the national and/or international level in the fields of communication for development, behavior change communication, community/youth activism/engagement, or other relevant programs; experience with social/public policy, journalism, nutrition, public health, child development/protection/wellbeing, development or a related field, is a strong asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Indonesian(Mandatory), Level – Fluent