Australia Embassy is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Job Vacancy of Program Officer, who will assist its office located in Manila Philippines. The interested candidates can check their eligibility and Apply Now
Salary: Php 106,276.00
Job Post: Senior Program Officer
Location: Manila, Philippines
Organization: Australia Embassy, Manila
Last date to Apply: Sunday, 27 September 2020 at 11:30 pm
1st November 2020
With limited direction, the Senior Program Officer works to established policies and procedures to manage a range of complex activities within the Governance portfolio. The position provides strategic oversight of the implementation of innovative and complex programs to ensure effective delivery, and contribute to the design of new activities. The position also contributes advice and technical input on broader governance issues, political economy analyses and institutional strengthening.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a range of moderately complex contracts and agreements including the financial
management, monitoring, reporting, compliance of contractors/partners and performance delivery.
- Contribute to the development, formulation, implementation and review of policies, program approaches and initiatives related to the portfolio.
- Monitor, analyse and advise on developments relevant to program effectiveness, future programming or broader Australian interests.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including Government officials and development partners, to ensure alignment and coordination, effective implementation and governance of Australian development cooperation programs.
- Lead and manage design, tender and contracting processes.
- Manage, support and integrate cross-cutting issues including gender equality, disability inclusion and child protection in all aspects of policy and program development and implementation.
- Manage and deliver high calibre and timely input to DFAT’s Investment Quality Reporting and other performance and quality requirements.
- Interpret and apply Australian legislation and procedures in all aspects of aid management, ensuring implementing partners comply with Australian Government financial, procurement and risk management requirements.
- Prepare project financial estimates, coordinate budgets, maintain financial records, and analyze and monitor expenditure of assigned investments within the governance portfolio.
- Coordinate and prepare complex briefings, strategic reports, and correspondence.
- Build team capability through coaching and mentoring of assigned members of the team and ensure contestability of analysis within the team through research and in collaboration with DFAT teams at Post and I Canberra
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in a related field.
- At least five years’ experience in the development sector
- Demonstrated experience and high degree of technical knowledge of development issues in the Philippines, including the critical constraints to inclusive growth and social development; governance and institutional strengthening; the role of civil society; and political economy analysis.
- Demonstrated experience and proven skills in contract and program management and
implementation in the Philippines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team operating in complex, political, and cross-cultural environments. This includes exercising good judgment, apply expertise, and undertake work that is complex in nature.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) including proven ability to represent the Embassy and engage with senior partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in institutional strengthening and policy- and reformoriented work would be an advantage.