The British Embassy is inviting applications from the eligible candidates for the post of ‘Transport Manager’ Job vacancy at its office located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It’s a full-time job opportunity open to everyone so, interested candidates check their eligibility below and Apply to the vacancy.
Salary: ETB 20,298.71
Job Post: Transport Manager
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: British Embassy, Addis Ababa
Last date to Apply: 24 September 2020
2nd November 2020
To oversee the day-to-day running of the British Embassy transport section, providing a quality and efficient service to staff and stakeholders in compliance with British government policies / procedures.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, organise and direct the administration of the British Embassy transport requirements, staff duty rosters including vehicle fleet management and deployment.
- Implement and monitor the delivery of the Embassy transport policy.
- Prepare and monitor annual/quarterly budgets for the transport team, prudently managing, authorising, recording and regularly reporting on all expenditure
- Ensure effective and efficient management of all resources; vehicle replacements, servicing, spares and fuel stocks.
- Manage and supervise a Deputy Transport Manager and a pool of 14 embassy drivers.
- Close supervision of the official pool of vehicles, ensuring valid documentation, proper maintenance, driver competence and adherence to health, safety and security regulations.
- Central point of contact for liaising and communicating with various customers, internal and external partners on all transport related matters.
- Negotiation with commercial partners (dealers, garages, insurance agents, fuel suppliers) to ensure VFM for HMG on all transport related purchases and contracts
- Plan and co-ordinate logistical arrangements for VIP visits and up-country journeys
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Deputy Transport Manager and 14 Pool Drivers
- 1 armoured vehicle, 50 soft skinned vehicles, diesel fuel and vehicle spare parts stocks.
- Management of £140k operational running cost budget
- 3+ years of experience in Transport or Logistics management roles
- Experience of managing a large team to deliver a quality service in a high pressure environment
- Fluent in English and Amharic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Budgeting and Financial management experience
- Must hold a valid 3rd grade / equivalent driving license