The Canada Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam is seeking applications from eligible and motivated candidates for the Job post of ‘Program Officer’ which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Program Officer
Salary: VND 515,910,403
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Organization: Canada Embassy, Hanoi
Last date to Apply: 12th November 2020
To actively promote positive stories about the UK in India to the press, to log and respond to media inquiries, and build close working relationships with a broad range of Indian journalists. Lead on monitoring UK-India news and preparing daily media summaries for the organization.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Mission Security Officer, areas of responsibility include: conducting research and analysis regarding the security environment and developments in Vietnam; producing communications products related to security matters including briefs and reports; providing advice on operational security matters; contributing to and/or executing work and projects related to security,
contingency planning and emergency response; developing and maintaining and active network of operational security contacts; assisting in the management of the locally-contracted security guard force; organizing and/or facilitating security related training and exercises; coordinating and collaborating with other embassy programs and the Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City regarding security related matters; and performing other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university; OR,
• An equivalent combination of education, training and recent* security related experience spanning a period of at minimum 2 years.
o * “recent” is defined as within the last five (5) years]
• Fluency in English and Vietnamese, (reading, writing, listening and speaking)
A minimum of one (1) year experience in a role that includes at least 2 of the following:
• Providing advice to senior management on a range of issues;
• Providing guidance across a variety of disciplines to civilians and officials;
• Conducting research and analysis, as well as synthesizing and drafting content for reports;
• Writing standard procedures;
• Conducting media monitoring;
• Drafting clear and concise communications products for internal clients;
• Building and maintaining a network of professional contacts for the purpose of advancing the interests of the organization;
• Overseeing or supervising the work of contractors.
B. Rated Requirements:
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
• Knowledge of how to conduct research using online resources, databases, open source data, social media and other reliable and authoritative sources of information;
• Practices and procedures associated with working in a government/public service environment
• Ability to work efficiently even under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with minimal supervision;
• Ability to conduct research, and to analyze and evaluate information;
• Ability to gather information from a variety of sources and synthesize it in a favorable format (including internal communications products and reports that support managerial decision-making);
• Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues, clients, senior management and external stakeholders;
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in both English and Vietnamese;
• Ability to build and maintain a network of professional contacts.
• Ability to remain calm and level-headed in tense or stressful situations;
• Professional Integrity;
• Sound judgement;
• Attention to detail;
• Adaptability & Flexibility;
• Strong interpersonal skills and respect;
• Effective team player;
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving;
• Will be responsible for supervising contracted security guards