The British Embassy is inviting applications from the eligible candidates for the post of ‘Programme Officer’ Job vacancy at its office located in Jakarta, Indonesia. It’s a full-time job opportunity open to everyone so, interested candidates check their eligibility below and Apply to the vacancy.
Salary: IDR 8,421,732
Job Post: Programme Officer
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Organization: British Embassy, Jakarta
Last date to Apply: 17 September 2020
1st November 2020
The job holder will be part of the Embassy’s Sustainable Development team, which manages Mentari and supports programme delivery and engagement with the Indonesian government and other stakeholders. The team is currently comprised of a team Head and lead Contract Manager, Deputy Head, Energy Advisor, Communications advisor and Secondary Benefits Advisor.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Mentari Programme Support
- Financial management of the programme and projects – raising requisitions, processing invoices and checking financial reports.
- Supporting programme and contract management of Mentari delivery partners and progress reporting within the Embassy and wider HMG.
- Ensuring timely delivery of reporting documents by delivery partner, including meeting quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting deadlines.
- General delivery support to Mentari strand leads to further the programme’s policy, brokerage and other objectives.
Programme Management Board Secretariat
- Preparing and circulating Programme Board Meeting papers.
- Maintaining and updating the Embassy’s Programme Monitoring Dashboard.
- Collaborating with Embassy policy leads to update project data.
General Programme Team Support
- Conducting ad-hoc research on various issues, especially renewable energy and climate change.
- Organising activities, visits and meetings related to programme project delivery and monitoring; participating in events as required, representing the Embassy externally.
- Managing the Programme Team database and document inventory.
- Language: Fluent written and spoken Indonesian and English, equivalent to IELTS language assessment score of 6.5 or above.
- At least a University degree in a relevant subject, such as Business Administration, Project Management, or any Social Science field.
- Experience or understanding of renewable energy policy and low carbon development issues
- Experience of donor supported development activities (either as donor or implementer/partner)
- Experience in programme management and progress and risk reporting
- A flexible and creative problem-solver, able to come up with innovative solutions to complex challenges.
- Excellent administration, organisational and IT skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work confidently with financial data.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills,
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Indonesian.
- Flexibility and resilience under pressure, with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard under tight time scales.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work with people of different levels and backgrounds.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook etc.)
- Willingness to travel.