The Canada Embassy is inviting applications from the eligible candidates for the post of ‘Mission Administrative Officer’ Job vacancy at its office located in Denver, United States of America U.S.A. It’s a full-time job opportunity open to everyone so, interested candidates check their eligibility below and Apply to the vacancy.
Salary: $96,680 USD
Job Post: Administrative Officer
Location: Denver, United States of America U.S.A
Organization: Canada Embassy, Denver
Last date to Apply: 21st September 2020
1st November 2020
Under the general direction of the Head of Mission, the Mission Administrative Officer (MAO) contributes to program delivery by:
• delivering the mission’s financial, human resources, property, material, information management and technology, and administrative services;
• supporting the delivery of consular, security, and emergency management services;
• providing advice, guidance, and support to the Head of Mission and other members of the mission management team; and,
• developing and implementing operational strategies to meet ever-changing challenges and opportunities in cooperation with the Head of Mission and the Mission Management Committee as well as with Global Affairs Canada’s Headquarters located in Ottawa.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
• Minimum of a degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the duties of the position.
• Experience working in a corporate services environment within a government office, a diplomatic mission, and/or an international governmental organization.
• Recent* demonstrated experience in providing hands-on expertise and leadership for a combination of administrative service functions, including finance, contracting, human resources, real property and information management and technology, for a minimum of 5 years;
• Demonstrated experience managing large, complex projects; and
• Demonstrated experience in effectively supervising staff for a minimum of 5 years.
* Recent means within the last 7 years.
Fluency in English (oral and written).
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• General knowledge of local, state, and/or federal laws related to property and human resources;
• General knowledge of information technology, contracting and property especially as the knowledge relates to efficient project management; and
• Excellent knowledge of business practices, organizational design and implementation, internal monitoring and reporting.
• Ability to plan, forecast, allocate, monitor and manage budgets;
• Ability to grasp complex administrative principles and make decisions on difficult and involved issues;
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and make quick decisions in a fast paced office environment; and
• Ability to plan, organize and develop strategic and operational business plans and implement these, using project management and business processes design principles.
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Client Focus
• Effective Interactive Communication
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Sound Judgment
• Integrity and respect
• Cross Cultural Sensitivity
• People / Team Leadership
- Demonstrated experience and high degree of technical knowledge of development issues in the Philippines, including the critical constraints to inclusive growth and social development; governance and institutional strengthening; the role of civil society; and political economy analysis.
- Demonstrated experience and proven skills in contract and program management and
implementation in the Philippines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team operating in complex, political, and cross-cultural environments. This includes exercising good judgment, apply expertise, and undertake work that is complex in nature.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) including proven ability to represent the Embassy and engage with senior partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in institutional strengthening and policy- and reform-oriented work would be an advantage.