The British Embassy in Dubai, UAE is seeking applications from eligible and motivated candidates for the Job post of ‘Transport & Accommodation Officer’ which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Transport & Accommodation Officer
Salary: AED د.إ11,108
Location: Dubai, UAE
Organization: British Embassy, Dubai
Last date to Apply: 28th October 2020
The Transport & Accommodation Officer primarily concentrates on transport management and accommodation provision support services and provides high standards of customer service to support Corporate Services’ operations. The role will require close collaboration with varying sections of a busy Estates Team.
This is a multi-tasked role with varying duties that require a hands-on approach and managing delivery objectives set by the Head of Department. You will be required to deliver your role with a planned and dynamic approach and adapt to challenges and changes in the Embassy’s requirements as well local restrictions working in a COVID-19 environment. You will have the ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines, supporting and recommending proposals to your line manager and head of the department.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the transport fleet of nine (9) official vehicles, ensuring that month-end checks are completed and vehicles are serviced in accordance to the schedule.
- Line manage pool of four (4) Drivers; ensuring that high standards of service and safety are maintained and organising successful execution of Driver support to routine and high-level visitors.
- Oversight of a small budget for: servicing/ toll fees/ drivers uniform and ad-hoc repairs. Proactively develop a structured approach to vehicle maintenance and purchase.
- Assess Embassy plan of preventative maintenance and inspections of vehicles and decide on improvements. Advice on local law guidance and changes to legislation, decide on the best way of merging local law and Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) guidance.
- Direct all transportation activities and effective use of fleet vehicles and Drivers line with FCDO policy. Decide on best routes for transport plans, assess risks, and allocate appropriate resources.
- Monitor and process Drivers’ overtime and give advice on overtime policy, be aware of its impact on spending and submit claims to head of department.
- Co-ordinate transport bookings according to the Transport Policy.
- Annual review, revision, and recommendation of the Transport Policy with a counterpart in Abu Dhabi.
- Build supportive and professional relationships with Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) partners/ stakeholders. Provide strong direction to the team and communicating clearly about transportation plans, objectives, and challenges.
- Support the team to deliver a service appropriate to changing needs of customers, in line with relevant guidance and decide on the appropriate way to achieve this. Review the Transport Policy depending on changing priorities and guidance.
- Ensure that Drivers hold the appropriate entitlement for the vehicle they are driving, that they comply with transport regulations, and that they work in a safe and effective manner at all times. Ensure Drivers are properly trained and competent to operate all relevant vehicles and equipment.
- Where possible, monitor the Embassy’s “carbon footprint” and think of ways in which this can be reduced.
- Participate in the Embassy emergency planning process and assist as required in responding to any crisis.
- Support the Accommodation Officer in administration of sourcing properties for new UK-based staff positions according to the UAE Post Housing Policy and FCDO guidance.
- Support the Accommodation Officer to manage UK-based staff departures.
- Support the Accommodation Officer with tenancy renewals, including negotiating with landlords and/or agents to achieve value for money for the FCDO.
- Ensure that all new leased properties are furnished (hard & soft furnishings) according to FCDO Standards. Co-ordinating with the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) to ensure that float items are in the property and ensuring that the property is ready for occupation for new arrivals.
- Support in the upkeep and maintenance of all furniture (office & residential) and dealing with general enquiries.
- Responsible for temporary/ transit accommodation for new arrivals, temporary duty staff, and estate visitors.
- Assist with securing corporate rates with hotel providers.
- Schedule and oversee transit and hotel accommodation bookings, including ensuring cleaning arrangements and general oversight for all on-compound transit accommodation.
- Process accommodation provisions and office buying activities and ensure that all procurement adheres to FCDO Procurement Policy and buying responsibility in our Oracle-based procurement and finance system.
- Manage record keeping and data entry/ handling on our asset management system; inventory data management; file management/ record housekeeping; inbox management; and updating records to satisfy both Team’s and FCDO’s compliance requirements.
- Management and processing of accommodation inventories: stock control and assist supply of estates, goods and equipment, where required.
- Management and processing of purchase orders for goods and services related to transport and accommodation services and assist other Estate divisions, when required. Responsibility to reconcile purchases made using Government Procurement Card in line with FCDO guidelines.
- Assist other members of the Corporate Services Team as required, including providing cover during periods of leave/ absence for colleagues in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
- At least one (1) year work experience in a fleet management or property/ estates/ facility management role.
- Experience of overseeing maintenance teams or working with third-party suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer focus and the ability to respond to a range of customers’ needs. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with stakeholders.
- Proven skills in dealing with and negotiating with customers and providers. Ability to manage customer expectations and displays a flexible approach and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely.
- Resilient; able to deal with pressure and work flexibility to deal with competing demands.
- Exceptional planning, organisational, and analytical skills. Previous experience working in a busy environment and demonstrated ability to balance workloads, prioritise tasks, and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of the work.
- A team player who is capable of working on their initiative and who is adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong IT skills and literacy in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams).