The British Embassy is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Job Vacancy of Justice, Security and Migration Policy Officer, who will assist its office located in Stockholm, Sweden. The interested candidates can check their eligibility and Apply Now
Job Post: Justice, Security and Migration Policy Officer
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Organization: British Embassy, Sweden
Last date to Apply: 6th October 2020
1st November 2020
The British Embassy in Sweden is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are now looking for a Justice, Security and Migration Policy Officer to:
- Analyse, report and lobby on a number of Justice, Security and Migration policy areas in support of bilateral objectives;
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities for collaboration between the UK and Sweden, including delivering policy events, that will enhance the bilateral partnership;
Understand the relevant issues in both countries, develop contacts among police and officials, and facilitate an exchange of ideas and experiences.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide relevant, timely analysis of Swedish policies and practices on Justice, Security and Migration issues, including providing recommendations for engagement between UK and Sweden that will serve to strengthen the bilateral partnership;
- Identify opportunities for UK-Sweden collaboration on serious and organised crime and act as the focal point for the Embassy’s work on the issue;
- Develop and deliver HMG priorities in Justice and Home Affairs and Migration policy areas by collaboration with regional and national partners, including the Nordic Baltic network posts, other government departments as well as Swedish officials and municipalities;
- Deliver activity outlined in the Sweden Counter Terrorism country plan to support UK government CT priorities in Sweden and regionally. Lead on work addressing far-right extremism and identify opportunities where exchanges between UK and Swedish officials and experts will strengthen cooperation to combat extremist groups;
- Develop and foster effective relationships with Swedish Government departments and officials, NGO’s and Think Tanks to promote UK government objectives and to support quality of reporting to the UK;
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Political Section to support work related to EU Exit;
- Work with the Communications Team to ensure communications opportunities are maximised;
- Co-ordinate and deliver visits to Sweden by UK ministers and senior officials to support justice, security and migration priorities and objectives;
- Provide cover and support for other members of the Political section, as need arises.
The British Embassy is a dynamic, welcoming environment with staff from a range of countries and backgrounds. We encourage and support opportunities to be involved in projects and activities with colleagues across the Embassy. We offer a wide range of learning and development opportunities, including job-specific training as necessary and broader learning linked to the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office.
- Fluency in English and Swedish (C1/C2 level);
- Minimum two years’ policy experience working for a relevant organisation (i.e national or local government, an international organization, an innovation agency or private sector company) on justice, migration or internal security;
- Understanding and knowledge of Swedish government and political institutions;
- Strong networking and influencing skills;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good research and analysis skills.
- Experience of managing relationships at all levels of an organisation;
- Experience of project work and delivering events;
- Understanding and knowledge of UK government and political institutions.