The Australia Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Administrative Assistant’ in Colombo, Sri Lanka which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Administrative Assistant
Salary: LKR 61, 871 per month
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Organization: Australia Embassy, Colombo
Last date to Apply: 20th January 2021
Under routine direction, the Driver/Administrative Assistant provides safe, timely and courteous driving services for Defence staff. The Driver/Administrative Assistant ensures the proper maintenance of vehicles, transports passengers to and from appointments in a timely manner, provides linguistic and administrative support to the Defence Adviser, the Defence Administrative Assistant and the Defence Office Manager, and performs other tasks as directed.
- Drive Defence vehicles in a safe manner, and ensure passengers arrive at appointments in a timely manner.
- Ensure vehicles are well maintained, and in a good, clean and serviceable condition.
- Provide interpretation support during meetings and local operational travel. Conduct minor inquiries as directed by the Defence Adviser.
- Ensure transportation services operate in accordance with AHC and local policies, procedures and processes for the use of official vehicles.
- Ensure compliance with AHC and ADF security instructions and measures regarding driving and the safety of passengers.
- Keep detailed driving records, including transport logbooks, and maintain a good knowledge of venues, streets and driving conditions within Colombo, and key sites and projects in regional areas for operational liaison visits.
- Assist with the delivery of official mail and other items in a timely manner, arrange the
Pick up/collection of mail/material and deliver/collect documents.
- Assist with administrative activities such as organizing motor vehicle registrations and drafting visit programs, and undertake other administrative duties as directed.
- Provide support to the Defence Office Manager in the planning and management of official travel, including logistics, filing, document scanning, security arrangements, ticketing, and accommodation bookings.
- Provide procurement support in respect to ordering stationery and assets including vehicle equipment purchases and fuel.
- This position requires the ability to hold and maintain a current unrestricted drivers’ license with a proven safe driving record.
- Extensive knowledge of road and traffic systems in Colombo and regional areas.
- Ability to make recommendations to ensure passengers reach their destinations on time, and application flexibility and a high level of judgment whilst driving.
- Reliable, courteous, client-focused, and well suited to working individually and in a team
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Computer literacy and experience using the Microsoft Office suite of applications