The Australia Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Portfolio Manager Education’ in Manila, the Philippines which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Portfolio Manager Education
Salary: Php 168,606.00
Location: Manila, Philippines
Organization: Australia Embassy, Manila
Last date to Apply: 25th January 2021
Also Read: Executive Assistant Job at Australia Embassy
Under limited direction of the First Secretary, the Portfolio Manager works with a high degree of independence, managing a team responsible for diverse and complex national and sub-national education interventions. The Portfolio Manager provides expert technical and strategic advice and leadership to deliver on the Embassy’s strategic priorities, inclusion agenda, and the broader bilateral relationship between Australia and the Philippines. The Portfolio Manager manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders including senior government officials on policy and program issues in the sector.
The Portfolio Manager is also responsible for leading, managing and mentoring a multi-disciplinary team to achieve program outcomes in an inclusive, innovative and collegiate way, in accordance with relevant policies and procedures, particularly the DFAT values. The position will manage a small team of staff.
- Build and manage relationships with Philippine Government and other education
stakeholders at national level and in target Regions, particularly the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, to progress program outcomes and facilitate broader cooperation to advance Australia’s interests.
- Actively represent the portfolio, promote policy dialogue and provide advice on Australian participation at a wide range of events and meetings with Philippine Government officials and other development partners and civil society representatives, ensuring Australian interests are taken into account and contributions recognised.
- Provide expert advice to senior management to guide strategic and technical directions and program delivery, including on the impact of programs, the value of Australian participation, potential impacts on the broader bilateral relationship and any expected challenges.
- Build, maintain and strengthen links with other Embassy teams, particularly the peace and stability and humanitarian/social protection teams on BARMM coordination; the Austrade and scholarships teams on higher education coordination; and the economic and governance teams on gender and disability inclusion, future of work and skills training.
- Provide effective leadership, strategic oversight and guidance to the education team to
manage, monitor and evaluate a range of complex investments across the portfolio, ensuring strong alignment with Australia’s strategic objectives in the Philippines; effective and efficient delivery; active risk monitoring and management, and compliance with legislative, policy, financial, risk and administrative frameworks.
- Supervise and guide the team through coaching and mentoring, performance management and feedback, identifying and enabling career development opportunities, and managing change in the workplace.
- Organize high-level visits and field missions, as required, including the preparation of complex briefing materials, speeches, media releases, correspondence and presentation materials.
- Oversee the design and procurement of new programs and projects including the drafting of concept notes, investment design documents, approval minutes, grant agreements as well as terms of references to engage external expertise.
- Oversee mobilization and management of periodic independent reviews of key education
investments, through the Strategic Monitoring Team and other appropriate mechanisms; and oversee the development and implementation of Embassy management responses
- Tertiary qualifications.
- At least seven years’ relevant experience of program and project management in a
development organisation with experience and expertise in education and/or peacebuilding in Mindanao highly desirable.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently, exercise good judgement and apply expertise.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management capabilities.
- Highly developed oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications