The United Nation’s (U.N) department of Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights is inviting applications from interested candidates for the Vacancy of ‘Administrative Assistant’ Job in Beirut, Lebanon.
Duty Station: BEIRUT
Posting Period: 15 May 2020 – 13 June 2020
Job Opening Number: 20-Administration-OHCHR-135477-R-Beirut (O)
Within delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties :
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT :
- Initiates, processes, monitors, reviews and follows-up on actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of regulations and procedures.
- Enters, maintains and certifies administrative data and records for time and attendance, performance appraisal, etc. in electronic information systems.
- Reviews entitlements-related claims and reports.
- Provides advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes, and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary.
- Maintains and reviews organizational staffing tables; prints and reviews IMIS reports.
BUDGET AND FINANCE :
- Monitors the status of expenditures and allotments through IMIS, records variations, updates budget tables.
- Consolidates data received and provides support to higher-level staff with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
- Reviews the status of relevant expenditures and compares with the approved budget.
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged and (b) availability of funds.
- Assists in the preparation of budget performance submissions.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Five (5) years of experience in general administrative services, human resources or related are required.
Experience in working with the United Nations systems Inspira and Umoja is desirable.
Experience with the United Nations’ administrative system, budgetary system and financial reporting is highly desirable.
Experience working in an international organization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in oral English and Arabic are required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
Extension of the appointment is subject to extension of the mandate and/or the availability of the funds.
PROFESSIONALISM: Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., budget/work program, human resources, database management, etc. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.