The United Nations World Food Programme in Beirut, Lebanon is seeking applications from eligible and motivated candidates for the Job post of ‘Partnerships Officer’ which would entitle all International AMP benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Partnerships Officer
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: World Food Programme, Beirut
Last date to Apply: 31st January 2021
Also Read: Various Other Job Vacancies in Lebanon
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Provide substantial value to WFP’s effective positioning with public, private and external partners to attract policy support, resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP in Lebanon, while supporting national government in the achievement of the SDGs and Zero Hunger and emphasizing WFP’s contributions in this regard.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Head of External Relations Unit and the overall supervision of the Country Director, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Implement the work plan for an assigned area to enable WFP to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships in support of WFP’s strategic objectives in the country.
- Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling, data/trends analysis and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work; ensure partners’ conditions including visibility are met.
- Use data to propose options to managers to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis, with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
- Conduct analysis and draft quality briefs in support of outreach opportunities.
- Provide inputs to partnerships strategies, including the development of Partnerships Action Plan; draw up quality partner proposals and reports by engaging with other WFP entities and relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate dialogue with partners through networking and information sharing.
- Proactively highlight strategic issues to senior managers and propose options for the best course of action to nurture trust and partnership growth.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance, and monitor defined risks.
- Perform other duties as requested
- Has a basic understanding of government and corporate strategies and priorities and experience in developing multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Has explored new partnership opportunities, provided inputs into developing solutions with prospective partners and explored new areas to scale-up existing activities.
- Has designed and managed resource mobilization processes and resource strategies, negotiated contract terms and provided resourcing advice to seniors.
- Has supported the creation of external communication and briefing materials.
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.
Also Read: Policy Officer Job Vacancy at Stockholm, Sweden
Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience.
Five (5) years of experience within the humanitarian sector including minimum of three (3) or more years of relevant professional work experience in partnership roles.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French language is an added advantage.
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.