The United Nations Women in Beirut, Lebanon is seeking applications from eligible and motivated candidates for the Job post of ‘Writer and Editor’ which would entitle all International AMP benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Writer and Editor
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: UNDP, Beirut
Last date to Apply: 18th January 2021
Also Read: Various Other Job Vacancies in Lebanon
UN Women seeks the services of a consultant with expertise in result-based reporting. The consultant will be responsible to edit and copy-edit the draft report and associated documents (e.g. cover letters, annexes) upon initial comprehensive technical feedback provided by the Lebanon office to programme managers, and to perform a final copy-edit upon receipt of updates and clarifications on the text from the relevant submitting office. The consultant will support the UN Women on a retainer basis during the year.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The overall objective of the consultancy is to support UN Women in Lebanon to prepare high quality, analytical and results- oriented reports in a timely manner. The consultant will be directly supervised by the Planning and Coordinator Analyst and will be provided with a list of reporting obligations on a quarterly basis.
UN Women narrative reports (periodic donor reports on programme and annual reports) are prepared in accordance with corporate templates and are usually a maximum of 20 pages in length, including cover page, acronyms, table of contents, as well as relevant annexes.
- Edit, copyedit, and proofread draft country reports (including cover letter, annexes etc.) to be submitted to donors or to UN Women headquarters and others, and flag issues requiring further elaboration and or clarification by the relevant team.
- Draft donors report from bullet points and information provided, when requested.
- Ensure correctness of report language (i.e. use of grammatically correct language, spellings, politically appropriate language among others), tone and style, adhering to the UN Women style guide and results language.
- Work with the relevant team to revise reports following amendments and clarification and to respond to feedback from the Regional Office following technical review, as necessary.
- Submit finalized reports to the office within the indicated timeline.
High-quality reports of diverse objective and format, compliant with UN Women reporting guidelines andresults-based monitoring and reporting standard (with an estimate of 3- 7 days review cycle to be set on a caseby case basis).
- Respect for Diversity.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues.
- Creative Problem Solving.
- Effective Communication.
- Inclusive Collaboration.
- Stakeholder Engagement.
- Leading by Example
- Master’s degree in International Affairs/Development, Sociology, Public Administration, Economics, Gender and Women’s Studies, and/or with strong knowledge of gender issues, or related discipline.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive relevant professional work experience on proof reading and editing reports with solid understanding of RBM based reporting (within narrow timeframes of review).
- Prior relevant work experience with UN Women or any other UN agency is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the social, cultural, and political context of the Arab Region, and women’s rights situation and work in the country is an asset.
- Computer skills, internet communication and command of MS Office
- Proficiency in oral and written English is a must including analytical writing skills.