The British Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Communications Intern’ in Berne, Switzerland which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Communications Intern
Location: Berne, Switzerland
Organization: British Embassy, Berne
Last date to Apply: 30th May 2021
Also Read: Various other Job Vacancy in Embassy
The successful candidate will work closely with our Public Diplomacy Officer to positively influence thinking and perceptions of the UK in Switzerland and Liechtenstein and to help policy officers in the Embassy and in the UK Government better understand Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Communications and Social Media: Respond to requests for information from members of the public. Manage the Embassy’s social media accounts. Create innovative and interesting content for the Embassy’s communications;
- Media Monitoring and Engagement: Monitor media outlets in Switzerland and Liechtenstein and prepare daily summaries, analyses and briefings. Assist in evaluating embassy communications based on social media engagement and media coverage;
- Events Co-ordination: Support the organization of Embassy events.
- Fluent written and spoken English and German (minimum level required C1 for English Language and German language under the CEFRL or equivalent *);
- Graduate in Communications, Journalism, Public Diplomacy, Public Relations, Graphic Design or a relevant degree;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Experience in supporting marketing/communications and event organisation;
- Experience in designing and creating communications and promotional materials;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task effectively.
- Experience in designing visuals for social media and producing videos;
- Experience with research and written reports;
- Interest in domestic politics;
- Familiarity with UK culture.
- Fluent written and spoken French (minimum level required C1 for French language under the CEFRL or equivalent *);