The Canadian Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Consular Officer’ in Chicago, USA which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Consular Officer
Salary: 105,382.00 USD plus benefits
Location: Chicago, USA
Organization: Canada Embassy, Chicago
Last date to Apply: 21st December 2020
The Consular Officer leads the consular services team under the direction of a Canada-based officer at the mission. The Consular Officer’s responsibilities will focus on both consular case management work and supervisory and program management work. Advice and guidance on case management matters is not readily and easily available from a Canada-based officer at the mission. The Consular Officer will have responsibility for supervision of other staff. The Consular Officer will undertake significant program management responsibilities, such as performance management, financial management, human resources management, and/or strategic planning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities, and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of Global Affairs Canada’s consular mandate and objectives;
• Knowledge of US and Canadian government organizations that may assist Canadian citizens with routine matters, during times of distress, or during a crisis or emergency situation.
Abilities: • Ability to manage staff and program operations;
• Ability to communicate ideas effectively in English orally and in writing, in a way that is tailored to the audience to have a maximum impact as well as ensure understanding; • Ability to manage complex and/or sensitive cases in accordance with best practices; • Ability to analyze complex information and provide sound recommendations to senior management; • Ability to work independently and in a proactive and accountable manner; • Analyze and evaluate work processes, and to develop recommendations to improve program delivery consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness; • Ability to cultivate a network of contacts and positive working relationships; and • Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion. Personal Suitability: • Sound judgment; • Adaptability and flexibility; • Client service-oriented; • Highly collaborative working style; • High degree of discretion, tact, and professional integrity.
A degree from an accredited university or college; OR an acceptable combination of four years of recent* relevant experience, education, and training related to the duties and specific areas of competence required by the position.
Fluency in English (oral and written).
• Minimum five (5) years of experience providing case management services to a range of clients which may include work in areas such as consular services, passport/citizenship services, or social services; • Recent* experience in program administration as it relates to management services such as performance management, financial management, human resources management, and/or strategic planning; • Minimum two years’ recent* experience supervising two or more direct reports; • Experience dealing with highly sensitive and confidential client information. * Recent experience is defined as having been acquired within the last five (5) years.
How To Apply:
- Candidates are required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected. Any additional information must be included as part of these two attachments.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: LES-E-Recruitment-WSHDC@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected