The British / U.K Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Estates Officer’ in Beirut, Lebanon which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Estates Officer
Salary: 1,958 USD
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: British Embassy, Beirut
Last date to Apply: 2nd December 2020
Also Read: Receptionist Job Vacancy at Canada Embassy, Apply Now
The Estates Officer will have oversight of facilities management as well as planned and preventive maintenance of the Embassy and Main Residence together with a designated portfolio of UK Based staff accommodations. The EO will also work closely with various Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and One HMG teams on upcoming Estates related projects. To lead on the maintenance schedule flat visits as well as on health and safety visits in flat when necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Estates activities (60%)
- Managing UK Based staff accommodation to ensure compliance with FCDO standards and policies.
- To have oversight of Inventories for the Embassy, HMA Residence and UK-based flats portfolio.
- To lead on municipality tax exemption for all flats, Residence and Embassy, liaise with Municipality and local authorities for the constant follow up of exemption process and process the yearly municipality payments.
- To lead on March In/March out process/material and staff arrival/departure list.
- To have oversight of ad hoc and periodic maintenance for the OHMG/MOD properties portfolio of accommodation.
- To lead on TWO, TWS inspection visits schedule as well as all related visits with the coordination of UKBS members.
- To be second point of contact for all UK Based staff accommodation maintenance issues.
FCDO Guidance, Budgets, databases and tracking tools (20%)
- To be familiar with FCDO Accommodation Policy; Financial and Procurement best practice including additional guidance and policies.
- To liaise with Embassy suppliers on financial quotations and scope of works implementing new contracts for the defined property portfolio;
- To work with regional financial and procurement hubs in Manila and FCO London/Milton Keynes on supplier set up and associated spend; To lead and maintain up to date all the procurement measures within the Estates team (updating contract data, scheduling to renew a contract and for Due Diligence interviews)
- To use the FCDO financial tracking tool ‘Prism’ and dashboards to track and observe supplier spend control limits for the areas responsible in accordance with best practice;
- To requisition and receive using the FCO Prism financial tool;
- To assist in daily Procurement through holding the General Procurement Card;
- To use the FCDO Housing Pyramid Tool for the input of existing rents, common charges for the assigned property portfolio (note: Input of new hiring’s; rental and common charges and removal if given back will be undertaken by the EM; the ESO will input maintenance-related information across the entire property portfolio.)
Inter and wider Embassy Liaison (15%)
- Assistant Logistics Officer for Crisis Contingency Planning: Set up of Post Operations Centre and Evacuation Handling Centres when required included test exercises and satellite phones;
- Help in Setting up of Fall Back Locations (FBL) and provision of contingency items;
Key Competences required for the job:
- Making Effective Decisions – Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, exper
- t and professional advice.
- Collaborating and Partnering – People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Delivering at Pace – Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Changing and Improving – It’s about being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and working in smarter and, more focused ways.
- Managing a Quality Service – Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college and/or university, preferably in accounting, bookkeeping or finance.
- Delivering Value for Money – The efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services. Seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
- Fluent communication skills in English and Arabic (both spoken and written).
- At least 4 years of work experience in business administration; corporate services or similar field;
- Candidate holds minimum of a Bachelors’ degree;
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative but following compulsory rules and procedures;
- Excellent self-management skills and attention to details;
- Innovative, strong communication skills, customer focus and team player;
- Project Management experience;
- IT competency (Word, Outlook, Excel, databases)
- Regular driving license with willingness to progress to Official driving license as to self-drive Embassy vehicles.
- Professionalism – Work with high sense of honesty, integrity, impartiality and objectivity.
- Engage People – Communicate with clarity, conviction, integrity and enthusiasm, collaborate with others and build capability for all.
- Set Direction – Understand of how own role fits and support organisational objectives. Use sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to arrive to accurate, professional and expert decisions and advice. Seek opportunities to create effective change.
- Deliver Results – Deliver objectives and strive to improve the quality of service taking account of diverse customers’ needs and requirements. Focus on timely performance, taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Ensure effective and efficient use of taxpayers’ money.
- IT – Expertise in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.