The Canada Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Receptionist’ in Jakarta, Indonesia which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Receptionist
Salary: IDR 145,933,076
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Organization: Canada Embassy, Indonesia
Last date to Apply: 4th December 2020
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant provides receptionist services as well as administrative-support services of mission-specific common services and the coordination of regionalized common-services requests, and administrative support for the mission’s consular program. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant operates the central telephone switchboard serving all programs of the mission, provides general information to visitors; provides documents, information, and a variety of administrative services in support of one or more of the following areas: consular program, security, finance, human resources, materiel management, procurement, contracting, property, and facilities-management processes. Performs other duties as required.information, and a variety of administrative services in support of one or more of the following areas: consular program, security, finance, human resources, materiel management, procurement, contracting, property, and facilities-management processes. Performs other duties as required.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college and/or university, preferably in accounting, bookkeeping or finance.
• Fluency in English (writing, speaking, reading)
• Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia (writing, speaking, reading)
Experience:• Recent experience in managing assets such as office supplies, office and home furniture, small to large size appliances.
• Recent experience in maintaining an inventory and documenting lifecycle details of assets, as well as managing repairs, maintenance and cyclical replacement.
• Recent experience in dealing with moving companies locally and internationally.
• Recent experience in entering, tracking and recording financial transactions.
• Recent experience in tracking quarterly and annual budgets.
• Experience in working in a general office environment and f
ollowing standard office procedures as well as liaising with government officials.
• Experience in dealing with the general public/client services.
*Recent is defined as within the last five (5) years.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint) and Intermediate Excel
• Knowledge of office routines, procedures and functions.
• Knowledge of basic accounting in an office environment
• Knowledge of general procedures for tracking and reporting financial transactions.
• Knowledge of electronic and manual information management systems;
• Ability to be organized and detail oriented with the ability to spot numerical errors.
• Ability to analyse and evaluate information
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks within tight timelines.
• Ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships within team, with clients and external partners.
• Effective Interactive Communication Skills (oral & written)
• Client Focus
• Attention to details
• Professional Integrity
• Teamwork & cooperation
• Awareness of values and ethics in the workplace
• Adaptability to changes in priorities and
• Ability to manage tight deadlines
- University degree in Publishing, Communications or other relevant discipline plus minimum three (3) years’ professional experience in publication production processes and editorial systems, preferably in the development field;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop and other relevant publishing tools;
- Experience of working with XML/HTML workflows;
- Proven experience in editing material for a range of traditional media and audiences, and for web and social media resources would be an asset;
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage;
- Strong interest in the practical and theoretical aspects of democracy and its role in development, human security and international relations.