The Australia Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Executive Assistant, Protocol and Administrative Officer’ in Mumbai, India which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Executive Assistant, Protocol, and Administrative Officer
Salary: INR 55, 425 per month
Location: Mumbai, India
Organization: Australia Embassy, Mumbai
Last date to Apply: 21st January 2021
Provide direct administrative and secretarial support to the Consul General in pursuit of the
objectives of the Australian Consulate-General in Mumbai. Assist with the preparation and handling of visit programs, provide efficient and effective administrative and logistical support and manage all protocol-related matters pertaining to the presence of the Consulate in Mumbai and in support of Australian-based staff deployed in Mumbai.
- Maintaining the daily appointments schedule and forward planning program for the Consul General (Head of Post).
- Facilitating meetings at the highest levels with Ministers, and senior officials from the Central and State Governments and other senior business and influential persons.
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of guest lists and contacts for the Consul General and the Consulate-General.
- Maintaining records on Consul General’s representational activities and events,
correspondence with the Maharashtra government and other miscellaneous correspondence relating to the Consul General
- Managing the official travel arrangements of the Consul General.
- Liaise with relevant Protocol Sections of the state governments, the Australian High
Commission and other relevant authorities on protocol matters related to all official activities of the Consulate-General.
- Assisting with aspects of official programs to and from India through efficient and effective administrative, logistical, and protocol support in consultation with internal and external stakeholders including:
1. Coordination of appointments and accommodation
2. Facilitation through the MEA as needed through Australian High Commission, New Delhi
3. Organising transport
4. Arranging visit-related functions including invitations and RSVPs
5. Preparing, dispatching and receiving facsimiles, electronic mail, letters, Diplomatic Notes
- Manage staff official travel, accommodation, local transport and prepare travel allowance
calculations and acquittals as required.
- Act as a resource for all Consulate-General staff to ensure the entire team is kept informed of current and upcoming activities, and that productivity is not disrupted by absences.
- Assist with public diplomacy and representation responsibilities and other administrative
duties, as required.
- Relevant tertiary studies and/or relevant experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team with limited supervision and
flexibility in accepting and/or sharing tasks.
- Foresight, judgment, problem solving and skills in prioritising work including the ability to work in a small multi-disciplined office.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to interact with senior government officials, industry
representatives, academic and civil society representatives
- Sound administrative and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability in managing events, programs and/or visiting delegations.
- Effective written communication skills. Excellent command of English is required.
Command of Marathi, Hindi or Gujarati is useful.
- Well versed with the Microsoft suite of products, particularly Excel and data management
- Thorough working knowledge of the general etiquette and social standards & aspects of the political structure and situation affecting his/her role.