The Thailand Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Public Affairs Assistant’ in New Delhi, India which would entitle all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Public Affairs Assistant
Salary: INR 25,000; with annual raise subject to performance assessment
Location: New Delhi, India
Organization: Thailand Embassy, New Delhi
Last date to Apply: 27th August 2021
- Support the cultural outreach of the Embassy; develop and implement digital and public diplomacy initiatives to promote and enhance Thailand’s visibility in India and to build closer people-to-people ties.
- Assist Thai diplomats in conducting Public Affairs projects/public outreach events, including Namaste Thailand Festival, Namaste Thailand Film Festival, Namaste Thailand Quiz, special exhibitions, seminars, etc.
- Contact, coordinate, and maintain close working relationships with key Indian officials and Indian governmental agencies related to media, educational and cultural affairs; Indian press and journalists; private sector; universities and academic institutes; cultural organizations; and Foreign Embassies and Diplomatic Missions in New Delhi.
- Monitor news and reports, on a daily basis, on India’s soft diplomacy, ASEAN affairs, India’s policy as well as bilateral and multilateral relations with other countries on cultural, academic, and development cooperation, as well as India’s domestic affairs on education and culture.
- Follow and analyze the current trend of the Media and Social Media in India. Maintain the list of influential media, both traditional, mainstream media and new media, including social media influencers.
- Summarize, analyze, and present reports on information that could be of use or could have an impact on the conduct of Thai-Indian relations, at bilateral, regional, and multilateral levels.
- Compile information on India’s educational, academic and cultural cooperation with friendly countries, and follow and analyze information about Indian policy towards foreign students.
- Attend seminars/conferences as assigned and make summary reports.
- Provides logistical and operational support, including handling correspondence, responding to day-to-day enquiries, and coordinating visits of delegations – both inbound and outbound, including a liaison duty for Thai delegations or high-level representatives/VVIP of Thailand.
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Embassy.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized university;
- Thorough knowledge of Indian mass media, cultural and educational institutions, domestic and international politics, and organization of the Indian government;
- Familiarity with sources and availability of data and other informational materials
as well as various social media platforms;
- Fluency and ability to communicate in English;
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office and other basic programs);
- Service-oriented mind. Positive attitude towards teamwork and willingness to contribute;
- Related Degree and related experience, including researching, analyzing and reporting on political/economic/social issues and planning and executing media and social events, will be considered favorably
How to apply
- Submit the following required documents:
- Curriculum Vitae with passport-size photograph;
- Cover Letter (not more than 350 words);
- Degree certificate of higher education with transcript;
- Copy of Aadhaar Card or Passport;
- Additional documents (if applicable) e.g. letters of recommendation, portfolio, and previously published articles
- Send the application by email with its heading as “Application for Public Affairs Assistant” to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org