The British / U.K Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Immigration Assistant’ in Doha, Qatar which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Immigration Assistant
Salary: 12,585 QAR
Location: Doha, Qatar
Organization: British Embassy, Doha
Last date to Apply: 9th January 2021
The British Embassy Doha is part of a worldwide network that represents political, economic, security and consular interests overseas and is now looking for an Immigration Liaison Assistant to provide flexible support, investigative skills and cultural advice to the Immigration Enforcement International network in Qatar.
Immigration Enforcement International is a law enforcement agency within the UK Home Office, whose responsibility it is to tackle organised immigration crime and prevent illegal migration.
The jobholder will assist delivery on specific projects on Organised Immigration Crime and facilitate bilateral cooperation with key partners within host law enforcement, judicial agencies and other key external stakeholders. The jobholder will be required to develop a clear strategic knowledge of the threat from Organised Immigration Crime in Qatar and the region in order to provide practical support to the Immigration Liaison Officers (ILO), manage records and analyse data.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with partners across government within the British Embassy Qatar, general mission staff and foreign national liaison officers and other stakeholders locally across the region.
- Undertake analysis, research and development on a variety of information received from the UK Home Office, airlines and hosts on immigration crime and other sources.
- Maintain accurate records on databases.
- Assist travel planning and accounting.
- Submit reports on programmes, including ad hoc, monthly, interim, quarterly, annual and end-of-project reports.
- Act as a translator / interpreter (if Arabic or other relevant languages spoken).
Key Competences required for the job:
- Managing a Quality Service: Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Making Effective Decisions: Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Collaborating and Partnering: People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Delivering at Pace: Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes
- Work effectively with international partners, representing the Home Office professionally and developing effective partnerships with the wider Embassy and with key external partners.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to write reports and briefings.
- Good presentation skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access PowerPoint.
- Promotes continuous learning and improvement; communicates clearly.
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Displays an awareness of relevant technological solutions
Desirable: The ability to speak Arabic is desirable but not essential.