The Canada Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Consular Assistant’ in Kuwait which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Consular Assistant
Salary: 10,154 KWD gross per annum
Organization: Canada Embassy, Kuwait
Last date to Apply: 12th January 2021
The Consular assistant provides information, advice and services to the local Canadian community, including the processing of passport and citizenship applications; supports consular program delivery at the Mission; ensures information, advice and assistance is provided in a manner compliant with the policies and procedures of the Government of Canada and Global Affairs Canada.
• Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a high-paced work environment
• Ability to analyze and evaluate information
• Adaptability and Flexibility
• Client focus
• Commitment to Public Confidence
• Discretion and Professional Integrity
• Effective Interactive Communication – Oral and Written
• Focus on quality and details
• Initiative and judgment
• Interpersonal Relations and Respect
• Team-work and co-operation
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma or an adequate combination of education and relevant professional experience.
• Fluent English (oral and written)
• Fluent French (oral and written)
• Fluent Arabic (oral and written)
• Minimum two years’ recent* experience working in administration or in a customer service role or in a data entry role.
*Recent experience is defined as in the last five years.
• Knowledge of the Government of Canada priorities abroad
• Knowledge of the consular mandate of Global Affairs Canada
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Internet
• Right to work and live legally in Kuwait.
• Able to obtain and retain a reliability security clearance.
• The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to passing an exam on the passport issuance with a minimum passing grade of 80% within the first month of employment. The candidate will follow a two-week course to prepare for the exam and if he/she is unable to pass the exam within the stated period, the employment will end.