The British Embassy in Copehengan, Denmark is looking for Information Technology I.T Support Officer for its consular service in Denmark. Interested Candidates Apply Now through the link mention below
4 August 2020
Also Read: Various Other Job Openings in Embassy
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
IT Administration, User Support, and Security
- Proactively maintain and support the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) classified IT system according to guidance.
- Report incidents to central Helpdesk and escalate through the correct channels where necessary.
- Liaise with the Helpdesk to resolve IT issues and act as point of contact for technical visits.
- Use administration tools to manage user accounts, Be responsible for managing compliance with IT Security Procedures.
- Manage media.
- Provide remote support to users working off site and equipment at remote sites, where appropriate.
- Review, procure, install and maintain classified and non-classified hardware as required including supporting cabling, switches and hubs.
- Ensure changes to IT in the office follow the correct IT change procedures and protocols.
- Manage spares, and inventories including server spares.
- Carry out hardware replacements and return of faulty equipment according to guidance and under direction from technical support teams.
- Assist in the remote rebuild of desktops and laptops when required.
- Administer stand-alone machines and non-classified networks if applicable.
- Perform 1st level diagnostics on user reported problems.
- Replace faulty telephone handsets.
- Where appropriate, capture information required by supplier and log incidents with the supplier service desk.
- Work with supplier service desk to perform basic checks on telephony equipment.
- Act as a point of contact for on-site technical visits required to resolve an incident, including the availability of equipment and spares.
- Ensure that any faulty equipment is returned through the logistics process.
- Maintain site-level spares; ensure that the spares inventory held at site is always at the level detailed in the detailed site design document.
- Act as the central point of contact for all technical ID requests e.g. new user creation and equipment, upgrade hardware, deletion of users.
- Provide efficient and user-friendly Business Continuity Plan/Crisis Preparedness – IT Contingency solutions.
- Lead on software training at Post including the delivery of training for the Embassy staff in co-operation with relevant training organizations as required.
- General understanding if IT networking principles/practices.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good knowledge of MS office suite.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with an advanced level of spoken and written English.
- Ability to work with limited supervision to meet deadlines.
- Previous IT Support experience in a corporate environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and good follow-up discipline.
- Minimum 2 years IT Support experience.
- Fluent Danish.
- Experience in hardware support.