The British / U.K Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Market Access Officer’ in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Market Access Officer
Salary: 17,763.05 SAR
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Organization: British Embassy, Riyadh
Last date to Apply: 21st January 2021
Also Read: Immigration Assistant Job Vacancy at the British Embassy in Doha, Qatar
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity in a growing area of DIT work focused on trade policy. The position requires flexibility and enthusiasm to understand UK priorities and work in a wide range of areas, from details of economic regulation to bigger picture overviews of economic trends in Saudi Arabia.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is embedded within DIT’s Saudi Arabia country team, working across the Post (Embassy) and region, in the following areas:
- Use research and analysis skills, including building an effective network of local contacts, to understand where UK companies may face market access or other challenges in the Saudi Arabian market, and the tools, including cooperation on regulatory best practice and UK standards, which may be used to address these. This will also include work to identify opportunities and solutions via analysis of country plans to better coordinate the activities of teams to maximize impact.
- Engage businesses and other stakeholders, whilst working closely with colleagues across the DIT network (such as Analysis and Policy colleagues in London) to prioritize these barriers based on their economic value, resolvability, and strategic importance to the UK.
- Support working with Saudi Arabia government departments and other public sector bodies and their UK counterparts on all aspects of market access. As required, help facilitate formal government to government (G2G) agreements and arrangements to address challenges and realize opportunities.
- Work closely with Trade Promotion colleagues to ensure businesses are aware of increased market access and are able to take advantage of any changes.
- Produce and draft succinct reports, including for senior staff at the Embassy, visiting ministers and officials, and UK government departments relating to these issues.
- Help plan and arrange UK-Saudi visits in both directions in support of the above activities.
- Maintain oversight of the Post’s project and program expenditure in support of these activities, including acting as project manager as required for specific projects.
- Work with colleagues in other Posts in the GCC and with teams in DIT’s UK headquarters as part of the UK’s trade policy agenda in the region, sharing knowledge and best practice, and cooperating where required on specific projects.
- Take on corporate activity across the Post, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any other response to a crisis affecting UK citizens.
Key Competences required for the job:
- Leading and Communicating – Showing pride and passion for public service, leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction, integrity and enthusiasm. Encouraging open communication and providing clear direction on what needs to be achieved and how to get there through visible leadership. Managing and engaging with people in a straightforward, truthful and candid way, and upholding the reputation of the organisation.
- Collaborating and Partnering – Being a team player who creates and maintains positive, professional, and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. Working collaboratively, sharing information appropriately, and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Delivering at Pace – Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Seeing the Big Picture – Having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider public needs. Focusing your contribution on the activities which will meet organizational goals and deliver the greatest value.
- Scanning the political context and taking account of wider impacts to develop long-term implementation strategies that maximise opportunities to add value and support economic, sustainable growth.
- Existing knowledge of the UK or Saudi economy, and ideally both, with demonstrated ability rapidly to master a wide range of economic and trade issues.
- Good knowledge of economic and/or trade policy from working in a related role, including relevant higher education qualifications.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely and ability to write to a high standard for a wide range of audiences.
- Exceptional analysis skills, able to bring together complex pieces of information and present them in a simple format.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with confidence to work on their own initiative and a proven ability to engage and influence at a senior level internally and with external contacts and collaborate effectively across Embassy teams.
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills to respond effectively to tight – and changing – deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with a high degree of autonomy.
- A positive “can-do” attitude that can see a way through challenges.
- Strong IT computer skills using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) and internet/ web applications.
- Have held a relevant position with significant responsibility in either the public or private sector in the UK or Saudi.
- Experience working in an embassy/ foreign diplomatic mission, international organisation, or large company in a similar capacity.
- Proven project management skills and experience of developing and implementing new processes, governance, and reporting structure.
- Arabic language skills, both verbal and written.
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.