The Australia Embassy is seeking applications from eligible candidates for the Job post of ‘Office Manager’ for its embassy located in London, United Kingdom U.K. All interested candidates who are British citizens or have U.K work permits are eligible to apply.
Job Post: Office Manager
Salary: £42,740 per annum
Location: London, United Kingdom
Organization: Australia Embassy, London
Last date to Apply: 18th October 2020
1st November 2020
Also Read: Check out Other Job Openings at Various Embassy
This position undertakes a wide range of communications, office management, administrative and support activities.
Please note that this position requires the successful candidate to obtain and maintain an Australian National Security Clearance. Therefore, we can only accept applications from Australian citizens.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide executive support, including diary management, scheduling appointments, organising domestic and international travel and administrative reporting requirements, coordinating representational functions, drafting correspondence, forwarding diplomatic mail. Extensive engagement with Australian and other Government officials
- Provide financial management including monitoring of budgetary reporting and preparation of budget projections for the office
- Assist with the coordination of visits programs, associated travel logistics and documentation, and in-house meeting and catering arrangements
- Management of day-to-day administration of the office, including maintenance of filing systems, financial records and other auditable documents, and contracts databases
- Research and reporting as directed
Also Read: Policy Officer Job Vacancy at British Embassy, Sweden
- High-level analytical skills and an understanding of international political and strategic issues
- Demonstrated strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills commensurate with the reporting role of the position
- Sound judgment and experience in operating in a classified environment
- Demonstrated initiative, and very strong organisational skills with an ability to work with a degree of responsibility and autonomy; flexibility and willingness to undertake varied tasks as required
How To Apply
Please address each of the selection criteria for the role in the spaces provided on the application form. Drawing from your prior experience, please provide examples of where you have demonstrated the required competencies or transferrable skills.
The word limit is strictly 250 words per response. The panel will not assess responses that exceed the word limit.
A. Experience undertaking a high level of administration and office management, such as maintaining records, scheduling appointments and compiling travel itineraries
B. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop and support productive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
C. Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information discreetly and with a very high degree of integrity
D. Demonstrated capacity to work with minimal supervision and take initiative, set priorities and organise a varied workload effectively and efficiently
E. Ability to undertake research using multiple resources and report findings to senior management in an appropriate manner
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.