The Canadian Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Receptionist’ in Canberra, Australia which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Receptionist
Salary: AUD 66,937
Location: Canberra, Australia
Organization: Canada Embassy, Canberra
Last date to Apply: 27th January 2021
Under the supervision of the Personnel Administrator, the incumbent supports all programs of the High Commission of Canada by
– Providing receptionist services
– Providing administrative support for the mission’s consular and common services programs
– Managing incoming calls to the Mission on behalf of all programs, providing general information to visitors and controls physical access to the Chancery.
– Researching, compiling, inputting and maintaining data in departmental electronic systems
– Collecting, scanning, reviewing and uploading received documentation into Departmental integrated automated financial and consular systems.
– Coordinating meetings, events, schedules and assisting with travel plans when required.
– Carrying out interpretation or translation of texts in both official languages of Canada, according to the instructions of the supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and internet research skills.
• Focussed on quality and details;
• Ability to identity and solve problems;
• Provide excellent client service in person, by telephone or electronically;
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently while handling a variety of tasks simultaneously;
• Properly assess situations that involve a security or safety issue.
• Successful completion of post-secondary diploma (TAFE) or an acceptable combination of education, training and work experience related to the position duties.
• Fluency in English (both oral and written).
• Ability to speak French fluently and to read and write at an intermediate level is required. Please indicate your level of knowledge of each language in your application.
• Experience providing receptionist/front-line customer service/client service in an office setting, responding to inquiries from the public;
• Demonstrated experience providing administrative support services to a diverse work team;
• Experience researching information from a wide variety of sources and preparing briefing notes;
• Experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders; (internal and external) to the organization.
• Knowledge of administrative management practices, processes and procedures;
• Knowledge of techniques to enter, extract and validate data to report, track, make corrections and adjustments.
How To Apply:
• Applications must be submitted through this website by 23:59 (GMT+11) on 27 January 2021, Canberra time
• Only applications received through the aforementioned website before the closing date will be accepted
• Applicants should send a résumé and covering letter which addresses each of the essential qualifications and any assets qualifications with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.