Switzerland or Swiss Embassy located at the heart of Amman capital city of Jordan is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Job Post of ‘Project Manager’. Interested and eligible candidates can check full details below and Apply through the link mention below:
Job Post: Project Manager
Location: Amman, Jordan
Organization: Switzerland Embassy, Amman
Last date to Apply: 28th September 2020
1st November 2020
Also Read: Check out Other Job Openings at Various Embassy
The Project Manager is working as a local employee of the Embassy of Switzerland in Jordan and works under the direct supervision of the Regional Water and Sanitation Advisor. He/she is part of the International Cooperation team. The major part of his/her work will take place in direct collaboration with NCSCM and the different stakeholders of the process.
The project manager will be the facilitator for the process in developing the flood risk map. In particular, he/she will have the responsibility to oversee the project design, coordinate and maintain a high level stakeholder commitment for the National Flood Mapping Programme, a collaboration between Swiss experts and the Jordanians stakeholders.
Also Read: Check Out Various Other Job Openings at United Nations
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Create and maintain proactively and independently a network with actors working on DRR in Jordan, especially with the focal persons or Technical Advisors of the ministries represented at the NCSCM and the Secretary Generals of the relevant Ministries
- Assist to the organization, and attend the meetings of the stakeholder workshops and steering committees;
- Identify the needs for external expertise, plan and coordinate support of Swiss and external experts;
- Coordinate, facilitate and lead discussions on technical topics and negotiate in decision-making processes with the decision-makers of the relevant Ministries;
- Contribute to the design of the project and lead the development of the project document and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation’s internal documents in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders.
- Identify milestones or tipping points and proactively address issues or propose solutions.
- Monitor the work progress of the technical unit consisting of experts of Ministries and other national stakeholders (unit is producing the maps) and provide them support when needed.
- Plan, organize and facilitate any other meetings, trainings and workshops providing technical assistance according to the project’s planning;
- Contribute to the project reports in collaboration with the Line supervisor;
- Master degree in Hydrology, Hydraulics, Water / Environmental Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5-years’ experience in international cooperation or related field; or Bachelor degree in Hydrology, Hydraulics, Water / Environmental Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10-years’ experience in international cooperation or related field;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English;
- Professional experience in networking and stakeholder coordination;
- Good knowledge of the mandates and working modalities of the various stakeholders involved in DRR in Jordan (Ministries, donors, implementing agencies, etc.);
- Good knowledge of the political, economic and social situations of Jordan;
- Working knowledge of DRR, risk and/or flood hazard mapping and Geographic Information System (GIS);
- Knowledge in GIS and hydraulic modelling is an asset;
- Solid computer skills (MS Office);
- Good experience in project management;
- Team player and service orientation;
- Able to work under pressure and to embrace challenges;
- Willingness to take responsibility, ability to work in an autonomous, proactive and results-oriented way
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.