The United Nations World Food Programme WFP is inviting applications from the interested candidates for the Job Post of ‘Programme Assistant’ vacancy at Beirut, Lebanon. Eligible candidates check your eligibility and apply.
Job Post: Programme Assistant
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: World Food Programme
Last date to Apply: 1 October 2020
27th October 2020
Also Read: Check out Job Openings in Lebanon
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages. Within delegated authority and under direct supervision of the Cash Based Transfers (CBT) Programme Policy Officer and overall supervision of the Head of CBT, the programme assistant’s main accountabilities and responsibilities will be in charge for coordinating the monthly activities of the validation cycles with WFP units, UNHCR, and Service provider, which involve the following:
- Act as a focal point for the validation exercise activities including:
- Generate quarterly validation pool and apply priorities;
- Coordinate with UNHCR to ensure validation pool available in validation servers and to avoid any duplication;
- Monitor validation progress, identify any technical interruptions and follow up with relevant stakeholders for resolution;
- Run weekly allocation of beneficiaries to validation sites using existing systems;
- Maintain a list of active validation sites, collect and consolidate updated information coming from WFP’s partners and internal teams and identify coverage gaps with Field Offices;
- Ensure the results of the validation are reflected and implemented on a monthly basis;
- Ensure the processes are in line with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in place;
- Liaise on all the above with Field Offices, Country Office units and Service Provider as required in a timely manner;
- Support in the resolution of general and daily prepaid card operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
- Generate monthly and quarterly validation report, including a narrative;
- Generate weekly validation failure report and share with relevant units and stakeholders;
- Generate weekly report of validated cases and cases not to be invited.
- Track monthly distributions conducted by Field Offices for the Lebanon One Unified Inter- Organizational System for e-cards (LOUISE) agencies; including plans, tracking of cards/PINs distributions and keeping record of the monthly distribution reports as received by the FOs;
- Assist in drafting/updating SOPs for each activity related to the CBT Unit;
- Keep all records and documents up-to-date and archived in a safe place;
- Attend meetings and draft the “minutes of meeting”; follow up on action points with colleagues to ensure the unit is reacting timely and respecting timelines;
- Support and back up the CBT programme Associate/Assistant whenever it is required;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Experience in coordinating with third parties.
- hands-on experience in using Databases (such as Access and SQL), Excel, PowerPoint and Vision.
- Knowledge of WFP activities and procedures in the country is an advantage.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Secondary School Education. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information systems, statistics, economics or other relevant field is a plus.
Experience: At least four (4) years of progressively responsible work experience including: data analysis and visualization, statistics and reporting.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is an advantage.