The British Embassy is inviting application for the Job Vacancy of ‘Lead Visa Writer‘ from eligible candidates who have a work permit of Russia. The Lead Visa Writer will work with other embassy staff in Moscow, Russia. Interested candidates can check the full details of Job post here.
Job Post: Lead Visa Writer
Salary: 79,157 RUB
Location: Moscow, Russia
Organization: British Embassy, Moscow
Last date to Apply: 27th September 2020
28th October 2020
To lead a team of Visa Writers to remote print vignettes for visa application decisions made the in UK. Ensure that printed vignettes are dispatched correctly and on time in support of broader UKVI operations in Russia. The Visa Writing team will be line managed by the Remote Printing Office Manager. However, as Lead Visa Writer the job holder will be expected to show leadership by supervising the remaining staff, deputizing as required for the Remote Printing Office Manager and providing developmental feedback where appropriate.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure all visa vignettes are queued, printed and dispatched.
- To maintain the integrity of the office by ensuring all vignettes and other sensitive equipment are secured.
- To ensure all Commonwealth and Overseas Territories wet stamp visas are placed into the correct passports.
- Supporting the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO), by acting as visa custodian
- Supporting the ECO by referring visa applications to relevant departments in the UK.
- Where appropriate, provide cover for the ECO in the absence of another UK based member of staff.
- Drafting correspondence and reports as and when required.
- To deal with routine enquires from the commercial partner and other stakeholders.
- Enrol biometrics for High Value applicants invited to submit applications at the embassy.
- Fluent level of written and spoken English;
- Secondary Education or above.
- Previous experience in Immigration work relating to the UK or other countries with similar systems is desirable;
- Good IT skills, knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Good command of reading/speaking skills in Russian language will be a plus.