The Australia Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Security Manager’ in Manila, the Philippines which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Security Manager
Salary: Php 75,230.00
Location: Manila, Philippines
Organization: Australia Embassy, Manila
Last date to Apply: 4th January 2021
Under limited direction, the Security Manager is responsible for the effective management of security functions at the Embassy, A-based staff residences and all official staff movements throughout the Philippines. The Security Manager works directly to the Deputy Head of the Mission who has overarching responsibility for security.
- Oversee and manage the provision of security services to Embassy staff, the Embassy
premises, and A-based staff residences.
- Develop and implement security assessments and plans for official activities such as ministerial travel, official travel to areas designated as Do Not Travel or Reconsider Your Need to Travel, and high-level events.
- Regularly monitor and produce comprehensive security reports for post-management on
security incidents and developments in the Philippines, identify risks and provide advice on post security issues and procedures.
- Regularly review and assess the Embassy’s security and contingency plans, make
recommendations and ensure local security instructions are current.
- Develop, recommend and implement improvements to security systems and processes, and participate in internal security-related meetings as required.
- Manage security budget expenditure and assist in the preparation of post security estimates, budgets and forecasts.
- Build high-level relationships and liaise with Government of Philippines authorities,
likeminded missions and private security specialists to ensure a sound understanding of
security issues across the Philippines.
- Process local staff security clearances, and provide security briefings to incoming staff,
spouses and official visitors on security threats and procedures.
- Supervise, direct and manage the work of contracted security staff.
- Provide advice and support to the partner agency staff in regards to security related matters and issues
- Experience in security management and administration.
- Diploma or qualifications in security and risk management (preferred).
- Detailed knowledge of local laws and procedures, and the ability to make decisions on tasks with considerable complexity and sensitivity in accordance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Highly developed written and spoken English and Tagalog communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise
- Ability to liaise effectively with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds including government security agencies and like-minded diplomatic missions.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.