The Embassy of Canada in Paris is looking for interested and eligible candidates with knowledge of both English and French for the post of ‘Trade Commissioner Assistant’. Complete details of the post requirements and application process are mention below
Closing date for applications: 11-09-2020
Summary of position:
Post-secondary diploma (equivalent to French baccalaureate + 2 i.e. level 5 French diploma) or Canadian post-secondary diploma.Languages:
Excellent expression and understanding of French (both written and spoken)
Very good expression and understanding of English (both written and spoken)Experience:
A minimum of one year of work experience in the following fields :
1. Office work and administrative assistance in scheduling and managing agendas, business trips organization, follow-up of files and documents, the transmission of messages and information requests, contact lists and inventories management etc.
2. Client service (internal/external) or partners relations management• Experience using MS Word and MS Excel.
• Plan, organize and prioritize a diversified workload;
• Develop and maintain a budget;
• Draft current business documents such as emails and lettersCompetencies:
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Initiative and action orientation
• Attention to quality and detail
• Client service orientation
1. Experience using a client relationship management system
2. Experience with finance policies and procedures of the Canadian government
3. Experience using a financial administration application
4. Basic understanding of terminology, institutions, and processes related to international trade, investment and business developmentIf candidates satisfy the criteria listed in the asset qualifications, they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these criteria in their motivation letter and/or CV in order for these to be taken into account.
• Please complete the online application form. Candidates must also upload their covering letter (750 words maximum) and CV.
• Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their covering letter how they possess the essential qualifications and, if applicable, the qualifications considered to be assets, by explaining clearly and concretely how they satisfy each criterion related to education and experience and linguistic profile with respect to the essential qualifications and, if applicable, with respect to each asset qualification.
• In their covering letter, candidates must also include the names, titles, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three people, including at least two direct supervisors, who can serve as professional references for work experience acquired over the last three years.
• Third reference may be a client, academic reference, or other supervisors.
• Any application missing any of the requested documents or requested information will be automatically rejected.