International Labour Organization ILO is inviting application from Interested Candidates for the post of ‘Program and Training Officer’ Job vacancy at its office located in Amman Jordan. Candidates check your eligibility here and apply through the link mentioned below:
Department: RO-Arab States/DWT-Beirut
Location: Amman, Jordan
Organization: International Labour Organization, ILO, United Nations
Last date to Apply: 21st August 2020
The Programme and Training Officer will be recruited to monitor programme activities and coordinate capacity development training courses.
Also Read: Check Out Various Other Job Openings at United Nations
The Programme and Training Officer will report to the project CTA and will work closely with all other members of the team.
- Client contact: act as the first point of contact for the Senior Coordinator for routine enquiries; address all client enquiries through the CTA to the team members; attend weekly and bi-weekly client meetings with the CTA and write the agenda and minutes, and update the client with progress on deliverables.
- Programme monitoring: monitor budget, activity and deliverable progress against project plans; monitor output progress against project indicators; anticipate risks to project progress and consider improvements in efficiency; make plans for future project phases; prepare extension requests when required; advise and guide project staff as required, and ensure compliance with ILO and project policies and procedures.
- Reporting: coordinate progress and final reports for all project phases; arrange for inputs from team members; and draft the reports for completion by the CTA.
Training coordination: monitor the implementation training courses: coordinate the capacity development training courses: prepare concept notes and ToRs for the capacity development training courses with the support of ILO training and technical specialists; assess the capacity of potential training providers; support the procurement of the training courses, and evaluate and report on the training courses.
- Sectoral coordination: represent the project on the sector’s Cash for Work Working Group and in any discussion groups within the WG; support the CTA as co-chair of the CFW WG, and maintain contact with sectoral partners as required.
- Undertake missions in relation to project implementation.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Advanced university degree in an administrative or technical field
- Five years of experience of project management and implementation, including three years internationally or with an international organisation
- Three years of experience of training coordination
- Experience with EIIP programmes would be an advantage
- Familiarity with ILO policies, administrative procedures and technical programmes would be an advantage
- Excellent command of English
- Working knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage
- Sound knowledge of financial rules and regulations
- Ability to research and interpret various guidelines and policies for application to address difficult administrative related issues
- Skills in problem-solving and managing change
- Good drafting, report writing and communication skills
- Computer skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to work with client representatives
- Ability to develop and monitor a budget of a programme or a project
- Good knowledge of the work unit’s operations, objectives and technical field and ability to effectively monitor work programme and resources
- Ability to act with integrity and transparency by maintaining social, ethical and organisational norms, and to meet all commitments within the prescribed time, cost and quality standards.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and gender-sensitive behaviour and attitudes are also required.
- Ability to participate effectively in technical missions and to provide technical inputs for the ILO Decent Work Agenda
- Ability to formulate new concepts and methodologies
- Ability to draft reports and prepare guidelines relating to programme monitoring and training coordination
Click Here To Apply to this Job Opening