The British Embassy in Doha, Qatar has started job Vacancy for Translator & Digital Diplomacy Officer Job. Interested and Qualified Candidates can apply now through the link mention below
Main Purpose of the Job:
Providing translation services, updating the Embassy’s digital platform, producing press summaries, and assisting in protocol-related duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing translation services that are accurate and to a high linguistic standard for all sections of the British Embassy Doha.
- Translation work will cover a range of subject matters including note verbales, defence section translations, and press releases, which should be completed within the agreed time-frame;
- Treating all translation work with the appropriate level of sensitivity and confidentiality.
Digital Diplomacy Officer
- Updating Embassy website’s pages on behalf of other sections.
- Publishing content on all Embassy Social Media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube)
- Proactive and responsive engagement with BE Doha’s digital audience, by promoting Embassy events and responding to any social media contact through Twitter and Facebook, within 48 hours.
- Assisting the Digital Manager in monitoring and reporting on digital trends in Qatar.
- When required, monitoring mass media and news with information concerning the British Embassy Doha and the relationship between Qatar and United Kingdom.
- When required, producing press summaries for Doha and UK based customers.
- Keeping records and evidence of embassy produced media articles for future reference.
- Devising and coordinating photo/video opportunities, ensuring subsequent photos/videos are then placed on social media.
- Assisting in protocol-related duties as assigned by Protocol manager.
- Supporting Embassy Public Diplomacy events when required.
Also Apply Now: Passport Examiner Job in Embassy of Canada, Lebanon
- Experience working in a similar field
- Excellent written and spoken English (IELTS 7 or higher)
- Native Arabic language skills
- The ability to work in a high pressure, high workload environment
- The ability to meet productivity targets
- Good self-management and organizational skills and ability to work unsupervised
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
- Good working knowledge of MS Office programs and be able to adapt to other systems
- Digital Communications experience
Applicants must already reside in Qatar and hold the right to live and work there, including those either under spouse sponsorship or be able to transfer an existing sponsorship to the British Embassy.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must complete the online application form and answer the motivation for applying and competency questions.