The British Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Accommodations Assistant’ in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Accommodations Assistant
Salary: 494,089 ETB
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: British Embassy, Addis Ababa
Last date to Apply: 27th January 2021
Also Read: Information Management Assistant Job Vacancy at US Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon
Ensuring office and staff accommodation is fully furnished, estates inventory maintained and compliant with OneHMG (UK Government) accommodation standards and health and safety policies.
Roles and Responsibilities
Warehousing and information management
- Day to day maintenance of warehouse and float stores, keeping accurate inventory list of all estate assets – furniture, float and fittings.
- Ensure adequate inventory cover for all estate accommodation and office needs. Advise Estate Manager on future needs and purchasing requirements.
- Maintain correct information on Pyramid for the whole of estate and housing stock.
- Completing disposal of goods in line with Post’s Disposal of Assets policy.
- Maintain up to date electronic and hard copy filing systems.
Housing stock/Estate furnishing and maintenance
- Furnish all the properties in accordance with OneHMG accommodation policy, ensuring required standard.
- Manage individual property inventory lists, including float, furniture and fittings.
- Ensure furnishings and float items requested by officer are in place on arrival.
- Ensure the officer signs and returns float list to accommodation section within three days of arrival.
- Property checks on arrival and departure – ensuring inventory is correct and accounted for, notifying Estate Manager of damaged and missing items and ensuring the relevant officer is charged as appropriate.
- Ensure all property is maintained to required standard and manage work request with TWG as required and ensure timely completion.
- Class 3 Ethiopian Driving license
- Customer Service Background in property or logistics
Language: Fluent in written and spoken English
- Microsoft Office suite of applications, general computer and internet search engine skills
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.