The Technology Bank for the Least Developed Countries is inviting applications from the eligible candidates for the post of ‘ Administrative Assistant ‘, the Job will be based in Gebze, Turkey with locally engaged staffs. All interesting candidates check their eligibility below and Apply to the vacancy.
Job Post: Administrative Assistant
Location: Gebze, Turkey
Organization: Technology Bank for the Least Developed Countries
Last date to Apply: 28th September 2020
1 October 2020
Also Read: Check out Job Openings at British Embassy
Within delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Human Resources Management
• Initiates, processes, monitors, reviews and follows-up on actions related to the
administration of the UN Technology Bank’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of regulations and procedures.
• Enters, maintains and certifies administrative data and records for time and attendance, performance appraisal, etc. in electronic information systems.
• Reviews entitlements-related claims and reports.
• Provides advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary.
• Maintains and reviews organizational staffing tables; prints and reviews Umoja reports.
Budget and Finance
• Monitors status of expenditures and allotments through Umoja, records variations, updates budget tables.
• Consolidates data received and provides support to higher-level staff with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
• Reviews status of relevant expenditures and compares with approved budget.
• Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged and (b) availability of funds.
• Assists in the preparation of budget performance submissions.
• Prepares statistical tables and standard financial reports.
• Prepares, processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff.
• Drafts routine correspondence.
• Maintains files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation.
• Maintains up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronic).
• Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with UN Technology Bank staff.
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required, e.g., procurement support, operational travel programme; monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services; physical space planning; identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems; organizing and coordinating administrative arrangements for seminars, conferences and translations.
• Assists with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services.
• Audits the contractors’ invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN.
• Processes the payment of contractors’ invoices and monitor payments.
• Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit, Section or Service UN staff, including: UN grounds passes, property passes, UN parking permits, swipe-card access and door keys.
Professionalism: Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., budget/work programme, human resources, database management, etc. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
A minimum of five years’ experience in administrative services, finance, accounting, audit, human resources or related area is required.
Experience in using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, such as Umoja and Business Intelligence (BI) reports is desirable.
Experience with the requisitioning, procurement and payment process, travel management is desirable
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in oral and written Turkish is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.