The Canadian Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Common Services Clerk’ in Abu Dhabi, UAE which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Common Services Clerk
Salary: AED 138,038 gross per annum
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Organization: Canada Embassy, Abu Dhabi
Last date to Apply: 13th December 2020
The position is a clerical support level position of the Common Services Program. The incumbent is responsible for providing the following services in the mission:
Organizes and implements one or more specific functions of the materiel management business line, which is responsible for the contracting, purchasing, receipt, inventory, storage, distribution, maintenance and repair, and disposal of materiel for the mission. Materiel may include major and minor appliances, technical equipment, household furnishings, office furniture, carpets, drapes, tools, spare parts, office supplies, hospitality equipment and pack up kits.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Provides mail services to the mission by receiving, sorting and recording incoming mail for pick up or internal delivery; sorting, recording, preparing and ensuring delivery of outgoing mail; and arranging for delivery of “by-hand” letters and documents.
Provides administrative assistant services to one or more officers and provides clerical support to the entire program. Activities may include receiving telephone calls and visitors; explaining the services and procedures of the Program and providing all the necessary documents and forms upon request; preparing letters and memoranda of a routine nature for signature; arranging program meetings; arranging business and hospitality appointments; events coordination and maintaining the mission’s staff directory.
In accordance with the classification of documentation policy, maintains electronic and paper records/data, files, lists and databases such as inventories, visitor logs, invoice tracking charts, etc.; enters data in departmental integrated automated financial, procurement, and HRMS systems; and keeps various manuals and publications up to date for office reference purposes.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. All applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter by the closing date. The cover letter must specify, using concrete examples, how the applicant meets the education and experience requirements listed below. Only applicants who clearly demonstrate through their application that they meet the education and experience requirements will be contacted for further assessment.
• Completion of secondary/high school level or above.
• Fluency in English (written and spoken)
At least 2 years of recent experience (within the past five (5) years) working in a job role that includes duties related to all of the following areas:
• Property Management
• General Office Administration duties
• Working with outside vendors/contractors
• Direct client service
• Knowledge of property management involving villas/flats and facilities
• Knowledge of local practices pertaining to property leasing and maintenance
• Basic technical knowledge of property maintenance and/or common building systems such as plumbing, electrical and HVAC related works.
• Knowledge of basic office support work including reporting, filing and/or other tasks assigned when required.
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
• Effective communication skills
• Client focus / Customer service
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Effective prioritization
• Team player
• Attention to detail & quality
• Network/alliance building
• Discretion and honesty
• Ability to handle pressure and perform under demanding situations
How to apply
• Please follow the link http://chc.amris.com/wizards_v2/chc/vacancyView.php?requirementId=4271& and complete the online application form.
• Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications that do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Short-listed candidates will be asked to provide at least 2 recent references and proof of their residence status. The successful candidate will be asked to provide us with a clean police certificate and credit report to obtain the necessary security clearance. Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to:
CSDPDHHumanResources/RessourcesHumaines@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected