The British Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Consular Officer’ in New Delhi, India which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Consular Officer
Salary: INR 67,767 per month plus 12% provident fund and 6% Superannuation Fund
Location: New Delhi, India
Organization: British Embassy, New Delhi
Last date to Apply: 26th May 2021
Also Read: Various other Job Vacancy in Embassy
We are here to help British people when they need us most, including in times of crisis. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing team that makes a real difference to people’s lives. The main purpose of the job is to provide consular assistance to British nationals across Northern India, and the surrounding states. We want to reduce the number of preventable incidents, so developing partnerships and proactive prevention initiatives will be essential. We value excellence, empathy and efficiency.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead on consular assistance casework, support British nationals and their families with tact, emotional awareness and in line with consular guidance and the Consular Strategy 2016-2020.
- Work effectively with internal and external partners to provide a professional service, which is tailored to each individual’s needs.
- Ensure all assistance cases are entered promptly into our database and a vulnerability assessment is carried out.
- Keep up to date with new policy on assistance work.
- Provide resilience and support for colleagues elsewhere in India and in the wider MENASA region (Middle East, North Africa and South Asia).
Network & Communications 20%
- Active involvement in the formulation and promotion of prevention initiatives, including the use of social media communication campaigns.
- Analyse and measure the impact of our prevention initiatives and prepare reports to illustrate this.
- Plan and attend meetings, receptions and outreach visits to promote our services and develop contacts to enhance our effectiveness.
- Maintain partnerships with existing NGOs and key external stakeholders, and identify new ones to collaborate with. Develop working-level contacts with local authorities and other diplomatic missions. Build contacts with external stakeholders such as airlines, tour operators, welfare authorities, local charities, and British community groups.
- Work on crisis planning and develop working-level contacts in Northern India (e.g. other diplomatic missions, the travel industry, police and wardens).
- Work with the Corporate Services Manager to review and check crisis IT and equipment. Ensure that the grab bags are fit for purpose.
- During a crisis obtain, verify and update information through key contacts and deploy to assist British nationals when it is safe to do so.
- Be a graduate with at least 3 years of relevant experience (candidates without the required academic qualifications but with exceptional practical experience will be considered).
- High proficiency in English Language communication – both written and verbal.
- High capability in MS Office application – especially MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Good communicator at all levels with excellent standards of written and spoken English;
- Ability to work to deadlines with attention to detail & accuracy.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to focus on the customer requirements.
- Self starter with good interpersonal & time management skills.
- Previous experience in similar profile is desirable