The British Embassy is inviting interested and eligible candidates who have command in the Turkish and English language to work as Corporate Services Assistant at their Consular building located in Istanbul, Turkey. All Interested candidates check the eligibility criteria mention below and apply through the button.
Salary: 1,095.59 gross
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Organization: British Embassy, Istanbul
Last date to Apply: 26th August 2020
1 October 2020
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a worldwide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Corporate Services Assistant to act as the front face of the British Consulate General, meeting and greeting all staff and visitors both in person and on the telephone.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Operate the Consulate General’s switchboard and transfer incoming calls to relevant sections;
- General Receptionist Duties – meet and greet visitors to the Consulate General, inform relevant sections of their arrival promptly; Sort official incoming and outgoing mail, handle courier requests;
- Manage, order and monitor stationary for all departments;
- Maintain First Aid boxes for all departments;
- Receive goods and services on P2P system database, forward invoices to relevant departments, assist setting up Purchase Orders;
- Process invoices according to FCO guidelines;
- Managing stationery stock, machinery and mobile phone inventories;
- Assist the Corporate Services Officer in ad-hoc duties;
- Act as the back-up accountant;
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as required by the Corporate Services Manager.
- Fluency in English and Turkish (both oral and written);
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Good clerical and letter drafting skills both in Turkish and English;
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks to an agreed standard;
- Attentive to setting performance objectives and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work as part of a team, and be a self-starter who will work with little supervision;
- Excellent timekeeping habits.
- Translation skills (English to Turkish and Turkish to English) will be an advantage;
- Previous office administration experience in an international environment.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
- A covering letter
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.