The Canada Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Driver’ in Senegal which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Driver
Organization: Canada Embassy, Senegal
Last date to Apply: 28th May 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Common Services Assistant (receptionist) the responsibilities of the incumbent are:
Provide safe driving services to senior officials including the Head of Mission, program managers, mission personnel and mission employees, as well as visitors or dignitaries in addition to providing delivery services and/or shopping;
– Give safety recommendations to passengers regarding movement in the vehicle;
- Drive officials and mission employees in a regular or armored diplomatic vehicle following health and safety policies and procedures;
- Liaise with local authorities, such as airport, protocol, post offices, customs and licensing, as well as with shipping lines and other service providers, in order to facilitate customs clearance of mission and EC shipments, high-level visits, diplomatic letters etc.;
- Perform tasks related to cleaning and regular maintenance of vehicles and armored vehicles;
- Practice driving techniques that respect the environment (eco-friendly);
- Carry out certain work-related tasks, for example paying fees and tolls, ensuring that monthly parking fees are paid, update daily log and fill out compensation forms.
• Having completed and obtained BFEM certificate.
• Fluency in French (oral and writing) *;
• Knowledge of Wolof (oral).
*The incumbent must be proficient in French to understand instructions and share information with colleagues, local authorities, and traffic officers
• A minimum of two years of recent* professional experience as a driver in a diplomatic mission, an international organisation or a project funded by the Government of Canada;
• Experience in driving a vehicle with manual and automatic transmission.
* Recent is defined as within the last 5 years.
• Knowledge of greater Dakar’s urban layout;
• Ability to read a road map;
• Knowledge of the local driving regulations (Highway Traffic Act);
• Basic knowledge of auto mechanics;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Internet Explorer).
• Client service orientation;
• Capacity to work under pressure and manage priorities.