The United Nations is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Job Role of Driver at its office of Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia ESCWA located in Beirut, Lebanon. It’s a full-time job opportunity open to everyone so, interested candidates check their eligibility below and Apply to the vacancy.
Job Post: Driver
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia, Beirut
Last date to Apply: 10th October 2020
1st December 2020
This position is located within the Middle East Regional Office of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) situated in Beirut, Lebanon, under the direct supervision of the Regional Representative.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Within limits of delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Drives vehicles safely for the transport of authorised personnel and for the transport of general cargo goods and or specialized hazardous good vehicles.
- Makes deliveries of parcels, documents, etc., between the office and other offices and institutions, e.g. Ministries, Embassies, Permanent Missions, etc.
- Makes minor purchases and collect urgent purchases from local suppliers as requested. Collect goods from the customs with due regard to customs regulations and formalities. May make or collect payment for goods.
- Meets official personnel at the airport.
- Deals effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
- Takes care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that vehicle is kept clean.
- Logs fuel consumption, maintenance etc.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of accident.
- Applies good judgment in the context of assignments given.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Also Read: Various Job Openings in Lebanon
• PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of driving rules and regulations. Knowledge of the area and the current condition of roads and highways, security and safety awareness; familiarity with frequently traveled routes and routines of the more senior staff or the officers. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a driver with a safe driving record is required.
Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motorized vehicles is required.
Experience as a driver with the UN is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by a competency-based interview.