The United Nations is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Job Role of Team Assistant at its office of Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia ESCWA located in Beirut, Lebanon. It’s a full-time job opportunity open to everyone so, interested candidates check their eligibility below and Apply to the vacancy.
Job Post: Team Assistant
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia, Beirut
Last date to Apply: 10th October 2020
1st December 2020
Also Read: Check out Other Job Openings at Various Embassy
It acts as a pioneer and multi-stakeholder regional platform for deliberation, consensus-building, peer learning, and policy solutions to strengthen the institutional framework for official statistics in the Arab region, and enhance the production and use of harmonized, timely and reliable statistics for evidence-based policymaking, to enable the measurement of national and regional progress towards the implementation of the 2030 Agenda; and advance information society in the Arab region and promote the integration of technology and innovation for inclusive and sustainable development.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Within limits of delegated authority, the Team Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provides general office support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of an organizational unit.
• Uses standard office software to produce a variety of routine correspondence, reports, tables, charts, graphs, etc., in accordance with institutional standards.
• Assists in compiling, processing and manipulating data sets derived from a variety of sources;
• Provides administrative assistance and backstopping services in the organization of training workshops, meetings and seminars that are programmed within the above-captioned project.
• Proofreads written products for completeness and grammatical and typographical accuracy.
• Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
• Reviews, records, routes and/or processes mail or other documents; gathers pertinent background material; tracks and monitors follow-up action as required.
• Receives phone call, responds to routine inquiries and information requests, including drafting routine written responses, or routes to appropriate personnel for handling as required.
• Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit.
• Updates and maintains large distribution lists; assemble documents, reports and other materials for global dissemination, where possible using electronic formats; coordinates courier services.
• Performs basic data entry and extraction functions.
• Checks accuracy of simple calculations, codings, data, etc.
• Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, meeting organization, reservations, office supply and equipment orders, etc.), including preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. travel requests, expense claims, vouchers, visa applications, etc.).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Also Read: Finance Assistant Job Vacancy at ESCWA, UN Beirut Lebanon
Also Read: Various Job Openings in Lebanon
OAR and Cash Funding– Preparing Accounting return and Cash funding profile for Delhi Estates section when required by Head of Finance.
Invoice Management– Keeping records of Invoices and submitting the GST return to Accounts receivable officer and ensuring all invoices are included as part of the return to Accounts Receivable. Assisting the requisitioning officer to make sure the requisitions are properly accounted.
Any Other Business- Financial activities related to Estates, Monthly reporting, Invoice analysis and PO analysis.
Also Read: Check Out Various Other Job Openings at United Nations
Two years of experience in general office support or related area is required.
Experience working on special statistical software such as Tableau, the ICP-Tool-Kit, and other ICP statistical modules is required.
Experience in producing reports, tables, charts, graphs using Excel is desirable.
Experience in processing and validating detailed data on consumer prices, spatial relative prices and data on consumption patterns is desirable.
Experience in maintaining large distribution lists for global dissemination using electronic tools is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. In addition, Arabic is a working language at ESCWA.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Fluency in Arabic is required
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.