Plan International is inviting applications for ‘ Education Officer’ Job vacancy to work in Beirut, Lebanon. Interested candidates can check eligibility conditions below
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Post Name: Education Officer
Organization: Plan International
Last date to Apply: 30th August 2020
The Education Officer will be responsible to ensure that the quality of the Education projects implemented by Plan’s partners is up to standard, and promote integration with other sector interventions including GBV, SRHR, Child Protection and Economic Empowerment.
The Education Officer is also expected to partake in Plan International emergency response activities and interventions on a country level.
Dimensions of the Role
Under the direct supervision of the Education Programme Manager, the Education Officer is in charge of providing technical assistance to partners, assure quality of programming and ensure adequate coordination and communication on Education.
Support in Programme Design
- Support in leading rapid and detailed Education assessments in new target areas; determine priorities and immediate activities and required resources.
- Ensure Education projects are in line with the Minimum Standards for Education in Emergencies and that they are gender- and conflict-sensitive.
- Support in drafting, reviewing and submitting concept notes, proposals and reports in close coordination with the Education Programme Manager.
Monitoring & Implementation
- Carry on activities related to M&E (reporting on Education program database, beneficiary count, trainings report, interim reporting for partner Education components, meeting reports, and others as needed.
- Systematically organize and ensure proper documentation of partner M&E data related to Education components.
- Work closely with Plan International Lebanon’s Education manager and implementing partners to ensure that activities are implemented in a coordinated and phased manner, in accordance with Plan International’s Education approach, best practices and policy.
- Provide technical guidance and direction including ongoing training, coaching and mentoring to partners’ staff members to ensure quality programming in compliance with Plan International’s Education standards and policies.
- Coordinate closely with partner organizations’ teams to improve the quality of education programs and activities;
- Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place for appropriate Education analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy;
- Ensure regular communication with the Education Manager to integrate appropriate technical input and priorities in program design implementation;
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required.
Coordination & Communication
- Provide updates and reports on Education activities to the Educaiton Programme Manager;
- Participate when needed in the Education Working Group and other relevant coordination entities, when needed.
- Attend regular calls, meetings, etc. as required by Plan International.
Training & Development
- Coordinate and/or implement training and briefing of Plan International partners, and other key stakeholders on Education and/or related issues.
Success Metrics: No violations of the corporate standards and policies.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Complies with corporate policies and standards: Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, IT Policy, Anti –Fraud and Corruption Policy, Confidentiality Policy, Code of Conduct, Whistle Blowing, HR Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures commitment to Plan’s position on promoting girls’ rights and gender equality, and integrating this into all aspects of work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours
Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of:
- The context in Lebanon, particularly on issues affecting the Education sector and the rights and well-being of children and young people, especially girls and young women.
- Humanitarian principles and “do no harm” approach.
- Local laws in Lebanon relating to Education.
- Global minimum standards, including the INEE Minimum Standards for Education in Emergencies and other guidelines on GBV, Gender, and MHPSS, Child Protection and Protection principles.
- Key actors in the Education sector in Lebanon, including both private and public entities.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an Education-related field of study, Social work, International Relations, Development or similar;
- At least three years of demonstrated experience in Education with at least 2 years’ experience in humanitarian/refugee setting;
- Excellent understanding of child rights, gender equality and development issues.
- Excellent skills in project design, time management, and problem solving.
- Strong organizational abilities; able to prioritise and manage short-term and continuing projects across diverse themes despite competing deadlines.
- Excellent Facilitation skills and ability to deliver briefing/trainings
- Strong commitment to child safeguarding policies both inside and outside the workplace, and experience working with children in a development environment.
- Strong character traits, including team work, striving for high performance, emotional stability, resilience, adaptability, and ability to handle stress, strong initiative and self-motivation, cultural and gender sensitivity, honesty and physical fitness to travel are essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Able to think out of the box with a sense of humor.