The British / U.K Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Office Manager’ in Beirut, Lebanon which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Office Manager
Salary: 1631 USD
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: British Embassy, Beirut
Last date to Apply: 3rd January 2021
Also Read: Receptionist Job Vacancy at Canada Embassy, Apply Now
This is an exciting opportunity to work for the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) as it responds rapidly to the COVID-19 crisis and looks to programme both short- and long-term work in support of the UK-Jordan partnership. This partnership has the UK as a leading and trusted adviser to Jordan, rallying and coordinating international donors in support of Jordan’s long-term stability.
This is a fast-paced role, particularly in terms of admin and meeting management. The post requires commitment to work with others and the ability to proactively find solutions to problems, to ensure the efficient operation and functioning of the Development Section. The successful candidate will be confident working at pace and multi-tasking to respond to changing priorities. The jobholder will report to the Head of Better Delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role you will effectively plan and manage the needs of the Development Section, including:
- Coordinating meetings, travel and logistics.
- Managing correspondence and invitations.
- Maintaining a good relationship with the Corporate Services team.
- Sending weekly updates to the team.
- Maintaining the HR transition plan and organogram.
- Overseeing the supply and functioning of office equipment.
- Providing HR support including with recruitment, staff on-boarding, inductions, handovers and staff headcount.
- Leading on logistics for incoming visits, booking accommodation, transport, camp entry permits, liaising with Jordanian authorities and inputting logistical information into briefing packs.
- Maintaining robust information systems for the team and using the relevant systems to ensure staff are saving documents in the appropriate places.
- Supporting the team with IT issues.
- Ensuring sufficient stocks of office stationery and consumables as required.
- Engaging with Embassy-wide initiatives.
We are looking for an exceptionally organised candidate with strong interpersonal skills. You will need to be good at working with others but also willing to work independently, and exercise good judgment on sensitive issues.
Key Competences required for the job:
- Managing a Quality Service – Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Collaborating and Partnering – People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Delivering at Pace – Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Leading and Communicating – Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm
- Fluent written and spoken English (both written and spoken).
- Degree level education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a similar role (office administration) in an Embassy or similar organisation.
- Experience of working with senior management.
- Highly organised with a strong ability to work proactively and manage a variety of competing priorities.
- Flexible team player who is able to work on their own initiative, and ready to take on emerging and high-profile tasks at short notice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Office experience.
- IT literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Arabic language skills.
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.