The Canada Embassy is inviting application from interested candidates for the Job post of ‘Operation Liaison Assistant’ to help out its Canada Border staff working in Istanbul, Turkey. Interested candidates check their detailed eligibility criteria below
Job Post: Operation Liaison Assistant
Salary: 148,974 TRY gross per year plus benefits
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Organization: Canada Embassy, Istanbul
Last date to Apply: 6th October 2020
9th November 2020
Also Read: Check out Job Openings in Embassy
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Liaison Officer (LO), and/or the International Network Manager (INM), Operational Liaison Assistant (OLA):
- Performs a wide range of operational, strategic, administrative and clerical activities to assist the CBSA LO program.
- Supports CBSA efforts to support Canada’s national security and public safety priorities and facilitate the free flow of persons and goods within or linked to the LO’s area of responsibility (AOR).
- Participates in reporting on cross border criminal activities and trends involving people and goods.
- Liaises with local partners, immigration and customs contacts on a wide range of CBSA mandate issues.
- Assists the LO, in expanding border management cooperation with officials in countries in the AOR.
- Professionally represents the LO, and as required, the INM and Regional Director (RD), and CBSA in communication and networking with representatives of host countries and other organizations including translation.
- Occasionally or during LO absences, performs some basic activities normally carried out by the LO while exercising initiative and discretion.
- Assists with the day-to-day management of the program budget.
- Ability to work under pressure and with a minimum level of supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to respond to sensitive situations and classified matters with urgency when required.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to write various types of documents and communications.
- Ability to maintain services of high quality and apply policies, regulations and rules with integrity, courtesy and firmness.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
• Bachelor degree from a recognized university or High School Diploma with an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience
• Fluency in Turkish (oral and written)
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
• Recent experience of 2 years or more (within the past 5 years).
• Experience in conducting research, collecting and analyzing information and providing operational reports.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of the mandate of the CBSA.
• Knowledge of Turkey government departments and agencies.
• Knowledge of general administration office practices/procedures, as well as logistics support.
• Knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.