The British Embassy is inviting applications from interested candidates for the post of ‘Maintenance Officer’. The Job Vacancy is located at UK Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark and the applicant should have a legal work permit of the European Union or Denmark. Interested candidates check their detailed eligibility criteria below
Job Post: Maintenance Officer
Salary: 32032 DKK
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Organization: British Embassy, Copenhagen
Last date to Apply: 6th October 2020
9th November 2020
Also Read: Check out Job Openings in Embassy
Reporting directly to the Estates Officer, your role is focused on support for the Embassy’s Estates work. You will be responsible to assist in routine maintenance, repairs and minor project works; ensuring that all facilities/assets: Offices, Residential Accommodation, Amenities and Grounds are operated and maintained in accordance with UK Health and Safety Standards, whilst working with all internal stakeholders and external contractors as necessary. The candidate will be expected to have a good working knowledge and experience of electrical, plumbing and decoration work and be a team-player, as well as able to work on their own initiative.
- Carry out routine maintenance tasks including repairs, re-painting, decorating, basic electrical and plumbing; furniture removal; meeting room set-up; maintaining office equipment; driving duties to procure items from local suppliers; clearing snow and leaves from compounds; some cleaning duties as allocated by the Estates Officer;
- Completing Health and Safety checks and procedures. Work with existing Embassy systems e.g. databases and spreadsheets and implement work according to agreed standards and procedures;
- Back-up driver to the Ambassador.
- Experience in coordinating with third parties.
- hands-on experience in using Databases (such as Access and SQL), Excel, PowerPoint and Vision.
- Knowledge of WFP activities and procedures in the country is an advantage.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Good level of English and Danish, both oral and written;
- Experience as a handyperson or in building maintenance or a trade skill;
- Full driving license with a clean record;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with competing priorities;
- Good IT skills including the full Microsoft Office Suite and relevant software.