International Labour Organization ILO is inviting applications from eligible and interested candidates to work as Executive Assistant to Director. Candidates check your eligibility below and apply through the link mentioned below:
Department: RO-Arab States/DWT-Beirut
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: International Labour Organization, ILO, United Nations
Last date to Apply: 17th August 2020
This position is located in the Regional Office for Arab States/ Decent Work Technical Support Team.
As a team member, the incumbent provides senior level support with responsibility for performing, completing and overseeing a range of operational and administrative support services in an efficient, effective and client-oriented manner. These relate to the delivery of administrative and office support, HR, finance and travel and logistics, and require the use of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. The incumbent plays a key role, demonstrating considerable judgment, in ensuring transparency in the correct application, interpretation and adaptation of established rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines. The incumbent evaluates and proposes solutions to difficult situations and provides inputs into the design and development of improved operational support services and delivery processes.
Internal contacts are with staff and managers in field offices, project locations and headquarters to provide operational and administrative support and guidance for the delivery of services and the resolution of complex issues in compliance with applicable standards. The incumbent liaises with diverse organizational units to coordinate, prioritize and follow up on activities.
External contacts are primarily with counterparts in UN agencies and other international organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), embassies, permanent missions and concerned authorities to coordinate and follow up on pending issues or to obtain clarification, provide guidance on Office practices and procedures and solve administrative-related matters. The incumbent also liaises with service providers for the completion of pending issues.
In accordance with the needs and priorities of the office where the position is located, the incumbent will provide services from among the following duties:
- Undertake and complete a range of administrative and operational support services encompassing general administration and office support, HR, finance and travel and logistics. Initiate, process, review and follow up on administrative actions, including verifying that information and documentation is in compliance with applicable standards.
- Play a proactive role in the integration and coordination of support services. Oversee and guide the work of support staff as required and ensure a smooth flow of office work and information within the work unit and with other units.
- Prepare, draft and finalize correspondence including of a non-routine nature requiring research and understanding of administrative, operational and programme matters and knowledge of programme areas. Undertake quality control of outgoing documents for accuracy of information, grammar and style and compliance with applicable standards. Provide informal translations.
- Initiate, process and follow up on HR administrative actions, verifying that information is in compliance with applicable standards. Input complete data in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. Respond to inquiries and provide general HR-related information to staff. Provide a broad range of HR-related services as required.
- Participate in the preparation and control of the work unit’s accounts regarding allocations and expenditures. Perform operations for authorizing and effectuating expenditures and make adjustments to optimize the utilization of funds. Maintain monitoring and reporting systems and prepare budget-related reports and statistics to support the preparation of program and budget and Workplan documentation and financial and technical progress reports for donors.
- Maintain the official travel plan of the work unit. Make travel and accommodation arrangements, coordinate visa and security requirements and ensure the timely processing of administrative transactions. Provide guidance and assistance to staff relating to arrival, departure and official travel formalities. Develop and maintain contacts with counterparts in government departments and external service providers to facilitate travel, visa, shipping, and/or other related issues.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, workshops and other events. Lead secretariat support services and oversee administrative and financial arrangements. Prepare and oversee the preparation of documents, presentations, briefing files and related materials. Take minutes and follow up on the implementation of decisions. Attend and participate in internal and external meetings and workshops in assigned areas of work.
- Ensure the work unit’s filing systems are maintained, accessible and efficient. Ensure the update of websites and databases. Design and generate a variety of periodic and ad hoc reports, statistical tables and other background materials.
- Keep abreast of changes to administrative rules, regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and other developments and provide guidance and deliver training to staff with the view to building knowledge.
- Evaluate and propose improvements to work methods and processes. Assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow up actions. Liaise closely with other administrative areas to ensure effective and smooth service design and delivery, recommending improvements on interrelated processes.
- Perform and/or coordinate other general administrative duties such as those related to attendance and leave recording, office space, registry, inventory and procurement matters.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Completion of secondary school education. Training in an area related to general administration and office support.
Minimum of six years of general administration and office support work experience, including providing various senior-level support services. Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
Excellent command of English. Working knowledge of Arabic.
- Good knowledge of a range of operational areas.
- Good knowledge of PC software (including word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for assessing the quality and efficiency of process execution.
- Knowledge of the substantive nature of ILO programs and activities.
Also Read: Find New Job Openings in Lebanon