Save The Children a global NGOs which is working for 100 years to save guard the rights and welfare of children across the world is inviting applications from devoted social workers who are willing to help Children’s of Lebanon can apply for the post of ‘Program Officer’. Detailed eligibility criteria and how to Apply mention below.
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: Save the Children
Last date to Apply: 25th August 2020
The Program Officer will support the Area Manager in the analysis, monitoring and reporting of operational activities and ensure that the reports are done on time.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Liaise with Area Manager and Deputy Area Manager and MEAL department to ensure drafting of weekly, monthly and quarterly internal and external qualitative and quantitative reports for Beirut Field Office operational activities.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly, semiannual, annual and end-of-project donor narrative reports as required and per donor guidelines and overall program reporting.
- Draft narrative reports on contributions, in compliance with specific donor requirements and ensure all donor reports are on time and of high quality.
- Responding to periodic donor and internal requests for additional information on project activities their performance and result.
- Liaise closely with head of sectors in order to gather and collate accurate data about programme implementation in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports, i.e. Sitreps, activity-specific reports, as required.
- Support the MEAL department to in the development of monitoring and reporting tools and in their analysis.
- Deliver training to field staff on reporting.
- Support MEAL department to adopt appropriate tools for data collection.
- Prepare and share minutes of the meetings.
- Prepare information as required for visitors.
- Be available to take part in meeting organized as per management request and to participate in sectorial meetings and training organized by SC or external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the MEAL department and support them to establish a monitoring system in order to collect the data request from the donor.
- Develop any operation report/analysis on an ad hoc basis as per manager request.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor degree in social work, International Development, International Relations or related field
- At least two years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international organization
- Proven excellent English drafting and editing skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Thorough knowledge of SC operational activities
- Experience in an international and local NGOs (especially during the emergency phase)
- Experience in programming for large scale humanitarian emergencies
- Computer knowledge (proficient in word and excel and development of graphics
- Ability to write weekly and monthly report
- Excellent contact and diplomacy to manage the relationship in a tensed situation
- Experience in the social/humanitarian field
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Ability to maintain consistently high standards of professional behavior and achievement when working independently and as part of a team
- Well organized
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Commitment to and understanding of SC aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches