The United Nations Development Programme UNDP is inviting applications from eligible and interested candidates to work as ‘Associate Administrator’ for its office located in New York, United States of America. Interested check the details the below and apply now
Location: New York, USA
Organization: UNDP, United Nations
Last date to Apply: 16th October 2020
The Associate Administrator and UN Under-Secretary-General reports to and supports the UNDP Administrator in the discharge of his/her responsibilities. Within the overall strategic direction set by the Administrator, the Associate Administrator will be expected to provide leadership within the organization and will be delegated the relevant authorities in the following areas:
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Ensuring the effective implementation of the Strategic Plan of UNDP and monitoring key aspects of the organizational performance. In particular, the Associate Administrator will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of key aspects of the operational program of UNDP, and ensuring the organization’s institutional and operational effectiveness;
- Overseeing the use of resources of the organization, ensuring they are being used effectively towards the results identified in the strategic plan and identifying major existing or emerging resource-related challenges in the organization;
- Overseeing the implementation of approved audit and evaluation policies and recommendations;
- Overseeing the implementation and operationalization of Executive Board programs of UNCDF, UNOSSC and UNV;
- Advising the Administrator on substantive matters and in the organization’s strategic planning and the development of management tools and instruments to enhance the performance of UNDP in its overall mission;
- Assisting the Administrator in developing and facilitating consultations with Governments;
- Representing the organization in the UN Sustainable Development Group and relevant inter-agency as well as UN development system reform-related processes and committees, as delegated by the Administrator;
- Representing the organization where required and assisting in the establishment and development of key partnerships;
- Ensuring effective security and safety management throughout UNDP.
- Demonstrated commitment to acting ethically and with integrity and commitment to the values enshrined in the UN Charter;
- Building support and political acumen;
- Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation;
- Building and promoting effective teams;
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication;
- Creating an emotionally intelligent organization;
- Leveraging conflict in the interests of UNDP & setting standards;
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning;
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced University degree in development-related disciplines, Economics, Business Administration, Public Policy or other relevant Social Sciences.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience of sustainable development issues, working in partnership with national and international actors to create opportunities and solutions to development challenges;
- Demonstrated leadership and proven skills in managing complex organizational settings (such as an intergovernmental, international non-governmental or multinational private sector entities);
- Extensive experience in operational management at senior corporate level and exposure to, knowledge of managing complex and evolving organizations and the ability to oversee the effective use of the organization’s financial and human resources;
- Proven ability to ensure the effective implementation of and compliance with agreed policies and practices, including with principles of transparency and accountability in the work of the organization;
- Strong diplomatic and political skills and impeccable personal and professional integrity;
- A solid understanding of the United Nations system and mechanisms.
- Proficiency in English;
- Proficiency in another United Nations official language will be an advantage.
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.
How To Apply
Applications for this vacancy MUST be sent with the relevant attachments (Cover Letter & CV) to the following email address: email@example.com. Only applications received at this email address will be accepted. Kindly indicate the following reference on your application: # ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATOR.